Tease (5)

Amina

"Aminat, Aminat, Aminat." I feel myself being shaken vigorously. 

"Aminat," the voice gets louder and louder. 

A sigh escapes my lips as I sit up on my the bed while rubbing my tired eyes. 

"First good impression? It's 11 already," the voice sarcastically states. 

My eyes widen instantly. I look up at Abdullah, who's looking down at me with amusement. Oh my Allah! My first day living with my in-laws and I've already slept till 11.

I rush out of bed and clear my throat embarrassingly. "Morning," I mumble. 

"Morning, we should get downstairs. Wouldn't look good if I headed down first without you, so hurry," he says. 

"Oh, thank you." I run to our dressing closet and pick out my long, light-blue dress and white hijab. I walk past him and into the bathroom.

We both walk towards the dining room to find mama, baba, Rahul, Zara, Sahil, Aisha, Ismaeel, and Yusuf seated around the table, eating breakfast. 

"Look who finally made it." Sahil wiggles his eyebrow at me, causing my face  to go red. I bite my lip and look at mama and baba, who were just smiling. 

"Good morning, beta, son, sit down," mama says. Abdullah sits down beside Sahil. 

"Why don't you serve him, beta? Then eat yours too," mama says. 

I nod instantly, then walk over to the table. I pick up a slice of bread then spread some jam onto it, I make another then place it on his plate. I make him some tea, then sit down beside him. 

Before my butt can touch the seat, my phone starts ringing. I look down at it, seeing Daneen's name flashing on the screen. 

I gulp, then look up to find everyone looking at me as if waiting for me to answer it. "You know you can pick it up." Rahul chuckles at my nervousness. 

"Oh." I look at mama and baba, who smile, then chuckle before nodding. I get up and accept the call while heading to the far side. 

"Asalam Alaykum, sis," Daneen speaks. 

"Walaykum salam, Daneen, how are you?"

"I'm doing fine, sis, you?"

"Alhamdulillah."

"I need to talk to you asap," Daneen whispers.

"What's the matter?"

"I can't say it on phone. Meet me at the café near your house at 1."

"I'll try meet you, I'm not promising, but I'll try," I say. 

"Fine, okay. Allah hafiz."

"Allah hafiz."

I hang up and walk back to the dining room. 

"Who was it?" Aisha asks. 

"Daneen, she wants me to go meet her at the café to talk... can I go?" I look at mama. 

"Beta, you don't have to ask us, your husband's right there. He's the one to ask." Mama chuckles.

I look at Abduallah, who smirks and looks at me with amusement. 

"Uh, can I go?" I ask in a whisper. 

"Where?" he asks. 

I frown, then look up at him. "Café." 

"What time?" 

"1."

"Why?" 

"Daneen wants to talk." 

"I think your sister is forgetting you are mine now and she can't keep stealing you from me," he comments with a smirk. 

My eyes widen at his bluntness. I hide my face quickly, but instead everyone decides to laugh at my misery. 

"You can go, I'll drop you." Abduallah chuckles. 

"I uh... have to... I uh... I'll be back." I get up, then run up to our room. 

The laughter increases after me. My face is probably as red as a tomato by now. 

He's such a tease.