I'm a Vampire. He's a Vampire Hunter. So Why Do I Feel This Way About Him? (15.1)

Okay, the Day 1 thing under the chapter means that it's day 1 of 6. Since she has six days until the killer comes after her.

Oh, and I had several endings to this half chapter, I had to think for about half an hour about how I wanted to end it. haha :)

I will post the second part of this chapter later on after I write it. (:

Vote, comment, become a fan! ;D

Chapter 15.1

Day 1

I watched the sun rise above the horizon, creating an orange glow around the room. Sleep wouldn't come since I got the second note and the rose, and sitting here on the bed for at least four hours made me feel like I had turned to stone.

My mind was like a blank canvas.

I had gotten so many death threats before this, I didn't understand why this one was affecting me so much. But I knew deep down that in the back of my mind, I knew the reason why. The hole just hadn't been dug deep enough for me to pull out what I needed.

The sun was coming through the window now, hitting my pale white skin. It felt weird to be in the sun after years of not going outside in the sunlight. I had liked night better.

But now it almost seemed like the sun protected me from what the dark could bring.

I decided to get up off of the bed and go downstairs. I didn't feel like sleeping today. Standing made my muscles feel stretched as I made my way down the stairs to the kitchen. I had forgotten that I had run out on the synthetic blood, so I couldn't drink.

With this stress, I needed something to drink too.

I closed all of the blinds and sat on the couch, turning the TV on that I so rarely watched.

It would be a long day.

--

A knock came at the door around dusk. It had startled me that I had actually jumped.

I had been intently watching the news, Elizabeth Rose Parker's face showed up on the screen a couple of times, the news anchor repeating that she was reported missing around eight PM last night.

If only they knew.

I got up from the couch and opened the door, not bothering who it was. Blue eyes and all black greeted me. Braedon.

"What are you here for?" I asked him, and noticed he looked at me closely, to the circles under my eyes to the extra pale skin.

"Are you alright?" he responded, avoiding my question. I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm fine." I said and opened the door a little wider, allowing him to come in. His eyes looked at mine a few seconds before stepping inside. I felt a slight pink cover my white cheeks, but let it pass.

I couldn't be like this around him, especially at this time.

Just as he passed, I saw something white drop out of my pocket. At first, I didn't register what it could be, but as soon as Braedon picked it up, I panicked.

The note.

"Don't read that!" I half yelled, reaching to pull it out of his hands. The pink on my cheeks had erased to an even paler shade. He opened the note fast, almost at inhuman speed. His face was already starting to drop a couple of shades.

I watched as he read the note over and over again, his forehead crinkling with worry. His hands had started shaking. I didn't know if it was from anger at the person who had hidden the note, or at me who hadn't shown in to him.

Braedon slowly looked back up at me.

"This is a note you found on the body?" he asked, holding it up as if I needed to know he had it.

I nodded, deciding that maybe it was better if he knew what was going on.

"They're coming after you. Every name they killed had a Rose in it, one way or another," he said, his head bending down to look at his shoes like they were really interesting. I had the urge to roll my eyes at the obvious, but didn't. I wasn't in the mood to be sarcastic. "I can't believe I was so stupid!" he suddenly said, his hands going up against his forehead.

I shook my head, getting closer.

"You think YOU'RE stupid?" I asked, my face with disbelief. "How do you think I feel when I'm close to the strongest vampire alive and couldn't figure this out. I feel like a human again." my outburst had gotten his attention, his blue eyes almost unnoticeable because of his narrowed eyes that looked like they hadn't seen me before.

"What if you're not the strongest creature out there?" he asked, gaining my attention again.

I looked up at him.

"I'm a vampire. Even werewolves, faeries, hunters, shifters, or anything else couldn't kill me without a whole army." I replied, taking a seat on the couch. I could have stood, but it seemed more appropriate to sit.

Braedon had frozen in mid stride, his face showing no emotion.

"What did you just say?" he asked, not coming any closer.

"You heard me." I said, knowing he had. I didn't get what was so significant

"An army." he whispered, but I could still hear it. And then it all clicked. The killings, the dreams, everything. My mind was suddenly a big burst of information. I whipped my head around Braedon at inhuman speed, and got up from the couch to stand right in front of him.

"The killer is creating an army to destroy me." I said, and then felt lightheaded. I needed blood, but I was out.

Everything became black within seconds. The last thing I felt were a pair of arms catching me as I fell.