I'm a Vampire. He's a Vampire Hunter. So Why Do I Feel This Way About Him? (11)

11! It's kind of short..but oh well. It plays a big place in the story. It's going to get better. :D

Vote and comment!

I'll try to reply if I can.

Oh, and I'm thinking of a new title.

'Beautiful Nightmares.' ???

Idk about it yet, tell me what you think, and if you have any other suggestions let me know!

I would love them!!! ;D

Ohhhhhh! and Don't worry, the title DOES NOT give away anything. I've changed the plot around a little. .......:)

Chapter 11

I found myself standing back in the field again, like the previous night. Except this time dead bodies were all around me. And they were only there because of me.

The scent of blood was overwhelming, it made my mouth water. It seemed like I had begun the dream again from where I had just left off.

John and Philip were standing next to their fellow soldiers. Philip with a shocked face that looked deformed because his mouth had been open the whole time.

And John's unreadable.

In my conscious little part of my real mind that wasn't in the dream, it seemed like Braedon was John. But it couldn't be. I continued to relive one of the scenes of my life from six hundred years ago.

I quickly began killing each of them, there was only about twenty. And it was just so convenient that John and Philip were at the end of the line. Philip being the last.

I watched kind of bored as I broke each of their necks. I had done this so many times I had perfected the skill of neck snapping. Being in a white dress and my looks at least gave them something pretty to look at before they died.

I looked like an angel, but acted like a demon.

I came up to a guy with a long beard that hadn't been shaved in a while. He didn't look surprised at all. I stopped for a moment and studied him. I caught his scent. It had a bit of a charm to it, probably from spiritual rituals. I looked at him more closely. His red face was burnt from being outside in the sun for days, his face had sweat at the edges of his hairline from fighting. The brown eyes had ages of knowledge in them. Why did he want to be on the battlefield? He was strong, he knew he was about to die. It didn't bother him.

Because he knew what I was. And has the whole time, I could see it in his face.

"You are not afraid to die?" I asked in my thick accent I had back then. I could speak any language and with any accent. I had lots of time on my hands.

The man slowly shook his head.

"Please." he said quietly. I didn't know why he said that, either to spare him or just get it over with. But of course, I went with the lather. I quickly put my hand on each side of his face and twisted. But before I did that I caught the relief in his eyes.

I almost wanted to keep him alive and make him suffer through life, because I was a vampire. I fed off of humans, blood and pain.

None of the other humans caught my eye. They were all plain, they were cowards. I made my way down the line. Nobody ran. They knew I would catch them. It was hard for me not to just go and feed again, all the blood and humans that were dead seemed very attracting.

The sight of everyone with no emotion on their faces, the pale bodies, it was a nightmare, but it was a beautiful one to me.

Red was splattered upon them, making it seem like something out of a painting from a crazed mind.

Seconds later I came upon John. His electric blue eyes much different than Philips ordinary brown ones. Sometimes it was like they weren't related at all, and John was the more intelligent one out of the two.

Too bad I had stumbled upon Philip first.

John stood there, his hands behind his back like he was getting rewarded. I didn't understand him most of the time, but when I did, I thought he was a complete genius.

But I knew I had to kill them, they had seen me kill. And my secret couldn't get out.

What a waste.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly.

Disappointment went through John's eyes, and Philip smiled. Did he think I wasn't going to kill him? I manipulated him to think I loved him, but too bad I didn't. Maybe I should kill him first.

"I know." Philip suddenly said. I looked at him sharply.

"You know what?" I spat. He flinched a little at my voice, but kept the smile on his face, the little gap in his two front teeth making me want to push them together until they were straight.

"I know," he said again. "I've known along."

That I was a vampire? Well, he should have mentioned it. I could have killed him faster.

He was smiling like he just won the biggest trophy ever.

Well, he did win something.

Death. I quickly snapped his neck and he fell to the ground, limp. His knees bent in a weird angle. I would enjoy his blood later.

I looked at John and saw surprise in his eyes, but no sympathy. I didn't understand it. I just killed his brother, shouldn't he be mad, sad, anything?

"Shouldn't you be crying right now? On your knees and begging for me not to kill you?" I asked kind of amazed. I've never seen a guy like this. He was strong, a warrior.

"No." he pronounced in a low voice. He too had the eyes of somebody who had lots of knowledge. This human intrigued me, I momentarily didn't have the urge to kill him. But I knew I had to.

The blue eyes studied me, watching every move. He began to speak again. I wondered for a moment why I was talking to him and not just killing him, but I let the thought go.

"You know I have to kill you." I informed him while still watching him. A muscle in his jaw tightened for a bit, but then he relaxed.

"Yes, I figured," he replied, and looked behind me at the dead bodies lying all around, then to his brother next to him. "Just get it over with." his eyes snapped back up to mine with a mix of anger, but mostly with no emotion at all. I almost missed the admiration his face held the other night.

"I'm sorry, you won't barely feel a thing. It's instant." I said, and he nodded, looking at me. It felt like he was sizing me up. I didn't like it, so I quickly put my hands on each side of his face, ignoring the temperature that my hands felt.

The last thing I saw were blue eyes and I heard a sentence that I never got until now. A sentence that Braedon had used.

"And I could kill you in an instant too..."

He fell, and I woke up.