I'm a Vampire. He's a Vampire Hunter. So Why Do I Feel This Way About Him? (4)

Please vote and comment. Should I continue this or just update my other stories? haha (:

thanks to everyone for fanning for all of my stories.

I love every one of you. lol

:D

Chapter 4

Braedon stood behind me, his arms crossed with a stern look on his face. Those blue eyes stared at me and it looked as if they were scrutinizing my skills for not being able to tell he was there.

And for some reason, I felt embarrassed.

"I heard you were asking about me at the bar?" he asked with a raise of his eyebrow. His tough stance remained intact as he took a step forward. Braedon was a couple of feet away from me now.

My senses were aware that he could be dangerous, aside from his astonishing looks. No vampire drinks water. He could be a hunter.

"I noticed you were drinking water at the bar?" I shot back. I mirrored his stance and crossed my arms. He knew that I was probably stronger than him. A smirk appeared on his face.

"I'm not allowed to drink water?" he asked as he took another step forward as I took a step back a second later. He was getting too close for my sake. For all I know, he could be getting ready to shove a stake through my heart.

"You don't go to a vampire bar and drink water," I said. "So what are you? Hunter? Werewolf?" I continued as I stared at him the whole time, trying to figure out what he was.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Braedon said. I got angry. Immediately I was standing behind him in a chokehold with my hands on his neck, ready to snap it if necessary.

"I could kill you in an instant. Don't mess with me." My voice was menacing, and I could feel my eyes dilate. My fingers could feel his pulse beneath the skin on his neck, and it made me even more mad that this being was alive with blood running through its veins.

And what made me more mad was that I couldn't recognize his scent, and I was almost the oldest vampire alive.

Nobody should play with me and get away with it.

"I'm very aware with that. So get on with it, kill me." he said quietly. Determination was in his voice. I was right when I had come to the conclusion that he was brave, a warrior.

Right now he was testing me to see if I was really that careless, if I could kill someone innocent. Something inside stirred in my stomach. I didn't know the feeling.

But somehow, I knew it was telling me that someone like him couldn't be wasted. Someone with such a brave quality shouldn't be killed.

His breathing was labored because my hands were almost suffocating him. Sweat was on the tip of his hairline, but his eyes told a whole different story.

They didn't show any emotion at all.

When someone was facing death, I had come to learn, that when they knew they were going to die, their true personality came out.

I had seen people die with so many different reactions.

Hate. Curiosity. Fear. Relief. Shock.

But never no emotion at all. Reluctantly, I let my arms fall from his neck to my sides. Braedon let out a sigh and started to breathe more easily.

Then he turned towards me. The expression of nothing was still on his face. But his eyes were watching me, calculating what I was truly like. His stare made me feel like his equal. Nobody had ever been near me with such calm.

And I admired him for that.

"Thanks for not killing me." he said with that smooth voice of his. It was a little raspy because I had been choking him a bit ago.

"Don't think I won't do it next time," I said. Then picked up my gym bag I hadn't realized I had dropped. "I still need to know what you are."

I heard him let out a little moan, then he fixed his jacket collar that had been messed up while I was almost going to kill him.

"We'll save that for another time." he said, then sent a pointed look to the right where people were coming out of the gym doors. I had almost forgot that we were still in the parking lot.

"Where will we meet?" I asked as I started looking for my keys in the bag.

"I'll find you." he said and put his hands in his pockets. Braedon was still studying me, assessing me as if I was an opponent in a fighting match. I didn't like it.

It felt like he could figure out all of my secrets with those eyes.

I nodded as I turned around and started making my way towards the car. I could still feel those eyes watching me, following my every move.

And as I was about to shut the car door, I swear I heard his voice whisper, "And I could kill you in an instant too..."