ATTENTION TO ORDERS

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

TO ALL WHO SEES THESE PRESENTS: GREETINGS
THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT
THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
AUTHORIZED BY EXECUTIVE ORDER, 24 AUGUST, 1962, HAS POSTHUMOUSLY AWARDED

THE BRONZE STAR
WITH V DEVICE
TO: CAPTAIN MISTY JANE
1st CAVALRY DIVISION
FOR: Valorous Achievements from 28 May 1992 to 22 June 1992 while serving as a Company Commander for Charlie Company, 15th Forward Support Battalion, 2nd Brigade (BlackJack), First Cavalry Division while serving in Sarajevo, Bosnia as part of UN Relief Force Shield Strike, Task Force Hatchet-25. Captain Jane landed with the first wave of her troops under fire, taking part in a low altitude low opening landing at a deserted airfield. Captain Jane supervised and coordinated her troops while they took possession of the Sarajevo International Airfield after convoying under insurgent fire from the airfield. She directed and participated in relief efforts, often under fire, saving countless civilian lives. Captain Jane directed her unit when they came under chemical weapon attack, resulting in only three injuries (nonfatal) from chemical weapons. She repeatedly exposed herself to enemy fire, improvised explosive devices, indirect fire, and insurgent attacks to coordinate relief efforts and provide medical care to UN Forces and civilians under threat in Sarajevo, Bosnia. During Charlie Company, 15th FSB's withdrawal under fire from the operational area, Captain Jane received a mortal injury from sniper fire. Her actions while commanding the unit inspired many soldiers and saved countless lives. Captain Jane's actions are in keeping with the finest traditions of military service and reflect great credit on herself, First Cavalry Division, and the United States Army.

GIVEN UNDER MY HAND IN THE CITY OF WASHINGTON
1 JULY 1992
SECRETARY OF THE ARMY