Kanade Tachibana (Part 2 Remaster)

Sgt. Roebuck: Every Night, We'd Lay In A Filthy Foxhole, Praying The Enemy Won't Slit Our Throats.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barely Escaping The Hell In The Afterlife School, You Let The Stream Take You As Far Away As Possible. It's Been A Few Hours On The Boat Ride, Almost Sunset By Now. Otonashi Still Hasn't Recovered From His Temporary State Of Death. The Sniper Must've Clocked Him Good. His AK-12, Which Is The Only Automatic Weapon With Ammo, Lays Somewhat Upright Against The Side.

Another 30 Minutes Pass By. The Sky Is A Bright Orange Tint. The Sun Descending Down Into The Mountains. You Gaze At The Beautiful Sunset As The Boat Rocks Up And Down. The Boat Beaches Along The Plains Side Of The River. You Decide To Part Off Here And Try To Throw Any Potential Followers Off Trail. You Pick Up The RPK-74 And AK-12, Stepping Off The Boat. You Set The Weapons Down Nearby Before Dragging Otonashi's Body Out Of The Boat.

  You Drag Otonashi's Body Away From The Boat Up A Small Ledge. You Set Him Down Before Returning To The Boat And Kicking It Away To Get Rid Of The Evidence. The Boat Simply Just Floats Away Further Downstream. You Retrieve The Weapons And Climb Up The Ledge.

  Otonashi Panics Himself Awake, Recovering From His Temporary Death. You Set His AK-12 Down Next To Him.

  Otonashi: (Breathing Heavily) What- What Happened? Where Are We?
You: Far, Far Away. We Gotta Get As Far Away From The River Before Nightfall.

  Otonashi Looks Over At The Sunset, Gazing In Its Beauty.

  You: We Don't Have Much Time. Let's Go.

  Otonashi Grabs His AK-12, Using It To Prop Himself Upright. You Start To Walk In A Direction Away From The River. Otonashi Soon Follows.

  After Crashing In The River, Kanade Became Unconscious Under The River, Drowning Her And Temporarily Killing Her. During Her Temporary State Of Death, Her Body Was Carried A Few Hundred Yards Downstream Before Being Washed Up Ashore. Her Body Remained There For About 90 Minutes Before She Recovered From Her Temporary State Of Death And Awoke.

  Kanade Awoke Slowly, Coughing Up Some Water From In Her Lungs. Her Wings Are Unusable At The Moment. She Washed Up On The Forest Side Of The River. She Decides To Set Up For The Night And Continue The Search For You Tomorrow.

  You And Otonashi Set Up For The Night In The Middle Of The Plains Field. The River Is No Longer In Sight, Nor Is The Forest On The Other Side. You Had Managed To Make A Small Campfire Out Of Sticks From Some Trees That You Had Passed. Your M16A4 And Your RPK-74 Are Set Aside Nearby, As There Is No Ammo Left In Either Of Them. Your Beretta 92FS Brigadier Inox Is Set Right In Front Of You. Otonashi Holds His AK-12.

  You: Hey, How Much Rounds Ya Got Left?

  Otonashi Detaches The Magazine, Trying To Come Up With An Estimate In The Dark. The Light From The Campfire Isn't Enough To See Exactly. You See Him Struggling To Even Get An Estimate.

  Otonashi: There's Still Some Weight In It. Maybe... 10?

  You Let Out A Defeated Sigh. You Hold Your Hand Out For Him To Toss It To You.