Those words were all Ash needed to hear, he tossed the journal towards his bag and took off out of the monument. Pickachu, who was sleeping on Ash's bag, was hit and woken up by the journal. Once he saw Ash running, he ran after him. Ash was running as fast as he could, eventually Pikachu caught up and jumped onto Ash's shoulder so he could catch his breath. Soon after Hanzo and Shinobu caught up riding on Hanzo's Pyroar. "Ash, do you have a plan," asked Hanzo. "Save my friends and kick Kagemoto's ass," Ash replied between breaths. Hanzo sighed, "Kagemoto is a skilled ninja, he's seen what you can do, he'll be ready for you this time." "Then I guess I'll have to show him something new," Ash replied.

As they came to the exit of the tunnel, two ninja were waiting there with a Gangar and a Bisharp. Pikachu jumped off of Ash's shoulder and hit the Gangar with volt tackle, while Shinobu released her Liepard who used hyper beam followed by shadow claw, defeating the Bisharp. Ash then threw an Aura sphere between the two ninja, the explosion knocking them both aside. Once outside Ash saw a large group of villagers and pokemon, and decided to go to them. Once there he saw in front of them was Kagetomo and several ninja, with the rest of the gang tied up and gaged, each being held by a ninja, while Dedenne and Squishy were in a cage. "Let them go," Ippei ordered. "No. Ash is a threat and must be dealt with," Kagetomo said back. "If I'm such a threat then deal with me, leave my friends out of it," said Ash as he made his way to the front of the crowd. "There you are. Don't worry, your friends will be returned to you. Just surrender your Greninja, and leave ninja village forever. Refuse, and your friends will pay the price," Kagetomo said confidently as the ninjas holding the gang held knives to their throats. Ash easily read his Aura and knew he couldn't be trusted. "What guarantees do I have that you will uphold your end. The way I look at it as soon as you have my Greninja your more likely to kill my friends, then come after me," said Ash as he tried to come up with a way the save his friends. "You have no guarantees, but if you don't do as your told, your friends will definitely be harmed," Kagetomo said confidently, as he believed he had won. As Kagetomo spoke one of his ninja held his knife tighter against Bonnie's throat, giving her a small cut. Once this happened Ash sensed Bonnie's aura spike, "Oh no."

"What's going on," Kagetomo said as he saw Bonnie's body glowed blue. Then a pulse of Aura came from Bonnie's body going in every direction, knocking back everyone except Ash, who was able to protect himself with an aura barrier. After the pulse left Bonnie, she fell to the ground. Ash now had the opening he needed and capitalized on it, "Greninja, Sceptile, cut Korrina and Clemont free. Pikachu free Dedenne and Squishy," Ash yelled as he released his Pokemon. Ash himself ran to Serena and used his aura to cut her ropes. "Kill that child," Kagetomo yelled. Upon hearing this Ash looked over to Bonnie and saw one of the ninja quickly moving towards her. Ash created an Arua sphere and hurled it at the ninja hitting him in the face, shattering his mask and knocking him out. Ash and Serena ran to Bonnie, Ash checked her pulse, "she's ok. She just past out." Everyone ran to get to Bonnie. One ninja grabbed Korrina to try and stop her, but she spun around quickly and kicked him in the balls, bringing him to the ground easily. The gang released their Pokemon and formed a perimeter around Bonnie to protect her.

Many of the villagers began to attack Kagetomo's ninja. Ash now directed his attention to Kagetomo, who released his Weavile, "SO YOU WANT MY GRENINJA. COME AND GET HIM," Ash yelled, furious from the order he gave to kill Bonnie. But he wasn't the only one who felt that, Greninja felt exactly the same. "GRENINJA, READY." Greninja jumped in front of Ash and took a battle stance. "LET'S GO!" With those words a water vail erupted into the sky from Greninja as his form changed. Everyone in the village saw this and stopped battling, and just watched as they saw the village hero return. Both Ash and Greninja glared at Kagetomo and his Weavile, as both looked back with shocked expressions.

Kagetomo snapped back to the battle that was about to take place and ordered the first attack, "Weavile, night slash!" Weavile charged forward with both claws glowing purple as Greninja didn't move. Right before the night slash hit Greninja dodged, then charged in with cut. Weavile was bearly able to block the attacks as Greninja was moving so fast around him, striking with cut after cut. Greninja then broke off the attack and jumped in the air as he threw multiple water shurikens. Weavile either dodged or blocked with metal claw. Greninja kept throwing water shurikens, until finally one hit. That hit created an opening, and Greninja capitalized on it by throwing more water shurikens, most hitting Weavile. Greninja then stopped with the shurikens and charged in with cut while Weavile was still recovering. Greninja's cut attack hit Weavile, sending him back and hitting a wooden pole coming out of the ground that was supposed to be used for the festival. After catching his breath, Weavile looked up and saw Greninja charging at him with glowing hands and feet. Weavile tried to block with metal claw, but Greninja used aerial ace to knock his claws aside as he continued to use aerial ace. Greninja hit Weavile again and again, each hit cracking the pole more and more. Until eventually Greninja kicked Weavile, snapping the pole as Weavile went through it, stopping several feet away knocked out.