"Stop, Teasing me..yes your brother has fallen in love," Zain says narrowing his eyes.

"..and from then he has changed completely, he is doing things which he has never done before...." uzair interrupted.

We laughed.

"..oh! I forgot." Zain said and moves his hands front which he had been hidings behind his back for so long.

"Here.." he says and gives package.
"This is for you" he adds.

"A princess dress for a princess," uzair says and poke my nose with his index finger.

I smiled.

Not wasting time, I unwrapped the cover, it's in Royal pink, a feet length dress with pearls and glitters.

"It's beautiful," I say brushing the material.
"Thank you" I add.

"I know this is your favourite colour" uzair say.

"Yeah" I smile.
_____

*Knock*

"Yeah come in," I said while wearing earrings.

My eyes widened seeing dad from the mirror.

"Dad!? Do you need anything?" I ask walking to him. For a second I thought he may be concerned about me but then I shake my head.

Dad has a scowl on his face as he stalks towards me "Why did you come here!?" He banged his fist loudly on the side table.

I startle, hoping that there isn't something wrong going in his mind.

"..Despite knowing that I don't like seeing you in front of me...Seeing you makes my blood boil. Every second of your mother, every moment of her, it starts to haunt me," he sneers and continues "Seeing you reminds me of my wife Ayaat!" He shouts.

I flinch back, getting scared.

"You know why I hate you? Because you are the reason for my wife's death." His voice is low now but it cuts me like a hot knife through butter.

"B-but... D-dad" I hesitate.

"You've been nothing but a nuisance ever since your birth" He eyes glare at me.

"Since the day you born, we only got into trouble, it's like as if there's a mountain of problems on our head. Why? Why don't you understand?" He continued shouting.

He walks towards me, anger radiating through every step. He grabs my jaw and cheeks with his one hand. I grab his hands, trying to make him let go but he just squeezes harder until I taste blood in my mouth from my teeth cutting into the inside of my mouth.

I gasp and shut my eyes with fear. I miss my mom, if she heard, she would push dad away and take me with her but I despair knowing that I'm alone. Tears run down my cheeks and touch his fingers, but he doesn't even seem to notice.

"Dad!! What are you doing!?" Zain was here. My eyes snap open, relief coursing through my body.

He drops his hand down and turns to Zain. I take deep breaths and slump down to the floor, beyond relieved that my brother is here.

"You know it as well, Zain... She ate your mother after birth, she brought us nothing but misfortune and now I am sure that something will happen on your engagement" Dad continued yelling pointing at me.

"Enough Dad!" Uzair shouted and ran towards me, crouching beside me and rubbing my back.

Sadness clouds my features, tears springing to my eyes again and I slowly stand to stare at him.

"The guests have started to arrive... Ayaat isn't creating any mess..you are the one making a mess around here dad!" Zain says, levelling a disappointed stare at Dad.

Dad stares at me with his eyes full of contempt and leaves.

Unwillingly, I start sobbing and my head begins to throb.

I didn't realize that Zain is standing in front of me with a glass of water.

I feel like my insides have turned to stone. I am standing with Uzair's support, otherwise, I would have fallen to my knees as soon as Dad walked out.

The cruel words my Dad spoke ring around in my head, like gongs slamming into each other. My breathing hastens. The throbbing in my head doubles.

I hold my head trying to regain my senses.

My vision goes blurry, the ground looks like it's getting closer.

I faint.
_____

Oh! It's a small chapter!

What do you think happened to Ayaat's mother? Is Ayaat was the victim of her mother's death.

Stay tuned.

Keep voting and comment,
I would really love to read your comments.

Thank you
Xoxo <3