2.7

[narration]

"it's cold as fuck out here, i should've just stayed in my room.. even though the heater in the hospital is shitty, at least my nose won't have a chance of falling off." even as rin was speaking, her teeth were chattering non-stop.

"it's not that bad, at least you finally get to breathe in some fresh air, right?" daniel's optimism made the girl sigh in defeat, "yeah, it's not that bad, i guess.."

after realising that the coat he had given rin didn't have any pockets, daniel intertwined his hand with rin's, and stuffed both of their hands into the fluffy pocket of his own outerwear.

"better?"

rin's look of suprise almost made daniel cackle, but with much effort, he managed to suppress the urge to burst out laughing.

"wait? where are we going? won't this route lead us out of the hospital?" rin stopped dead in her tracks, causing daniel to stumble a little before looking back at her with a toothy grin.

"exactly. we're going out. i lied about the park, this hospital fucking sucks, there are no outdoor facilities, so we're leaving this shitty place for good!"

rin narrowed her eyes at the male, her furrowed brows and the creases that formed on her forehead basically made her look a lot like:

"i'm kidding! i'm just taking you out for a while, i already told the nurses that you were gonna be outside today. don't worry, i've already settled everything, baby."

daniel added emphasis on the last word on purpose, because he knew that if he called rin something else other than her real name or, surprisingly, his favourite pet name for her, 'baby girl', she'll go ape shit.

rin scrunched up her nose at the cringey pet name, "call me baby in public again and i'll address you as kang euigeon for the rest of your life.."

"that doesn't sound too bad, though?" daniel teased further, "oh, really? then, kang euigeon, where are we going today, hm?"

"o-okay, you can stop now, rin. i lied again, it does sound bad. it sounds really bad. please never call me that name again, i'm currently going through a process where i'm trying to forget that name, but it's not going too well.."

;

"you're not in any pain when you walk, right?" rin nodded, looking up at the male, "yup, it doesn't hurt anymore. well, it won't hurt unless i start sprinting or something along those lines. which is highly unlikely to happen, so you don't have to worry."

rin used a couple of minutes to take in the entirety of the pretty little park daniel brought them to.

it was somewhere she has never seen before, a cute rooftop park located in the middle of seoul.

daniel must've went exploring the deserted parts of the city a lot in the past, because there was not a single person there except for the two of them.

"uh, my.. ex.. told me about this place. this is such a beautiful location, i didn't want to associate such a masterpiece with someone as trashy as her, so i thought, why not bring someone as equally beautiful as this place here?"

upon hearing his words, fireworks started to go off inside rin's stomach. she laughed to distract herself from her palpitating heart and the feeling of immense warmth that enveloped her entire being.

"god.. did i just say that? i'm sorry, i just can't seem to think straight whenever i'm with you." daniel ran his fingers through his hair, the strands of silver glowed in the soft rays of the sun.

"no, don't say sorry, i'm not laughing at what you said, i'm just laughing at the stupid warm feeling in my heart i get every single time i hear you say something cute. or just, when i hear you say anything at all.."

the plants rustled as a strong breeze blew towards their direction. it was freezing, but unlike before, the two didn't seem to notice that the tips of their noses were going red, or that their hands were going numb from the weather.

they just stood next to each other, no words, no nothing. just silence. even so, neither of them minded the silence, it was soothing for the two of them to be in each other's presence.

"hey, rin?"

"hm?" she hummed in response.

"you've got something here, baby."

"huh? wha-"

daniel's pink lips were pressed against rin's in an instant, and even before the girl could process what was happening, he pulled away slowly, his face was still inches away from hers.

"i know you told me not to call you that,"

he planted another soft peck on rin's cold lips.

rin smiled into the kiss, pulling daniel closer towards her,

"it's okay, i don't care anymore."

(a/n: gUeSs WhO's BiRtHdAy iT iS tOdAy!1!1!1!!1!)