0.2

[narration]

rin sat in one of the cheap plastic chairs the 7-11 in her neighbourhood provided for their customers who wished to eat in the convenience store itself.

it was mid-october, the weather was gradually getting more and more chilly, but her heart was filled with nothing but warmth at the thought of seeing daniel again.

she blew, gently, on the curly strands of instant noodle and the msg-laced soup she loved, and waited for the brunette's familiar face to pop out from the convenience store's glass doors.

she checked the time on her mobile phone, "1 minute left, daniel.." the girl mumbled, impatiently tapping her shoes on the glossy floor.

just as she was about to finish the last bit of her instant noodles, the glass doors opened with a 'ding', and she couldn't help but let a wide grin replace the small frown that was previously plastered on her pale face.

a tall figure walked over to where she was sitting. the combination of his large frame and height would be intimidating to most people, but to rin, she couldn't be happier to see it again.

daniel pulled out the chair next to her, sat down on the yellow plastic, and with his elbows on the table, he rested his chin on his two palms, patiently waiting for the girl to notice his presence.

as rin turned to look at the brunette, she furrowed her eyebrows and stared at daniel indifferently.

she wanted to hide the fact that she missed him more than she should have, and the fact that even though she wanted to be incredibly furious with him for not contacting her for almost a year, she couldn't.

"hi." rin muttered, putting on a facade to mask her happiness. she wanted to play with daniel for a while, well, mostly just to have an excuse to be angry at him.

"are you cinderella?" daniel asked, making it almost sound like a legitimate question. for a split second, rin was confused, "cinderella?" she reiterated.

then, she realised what daniel was doing. sadly, though, she didn't have a chance to stop him from spouting out the words:

"cause i see that dress coming off at midnight."

along with the iconic wink, this caused rin to burst out in hysterical laughter, breaking her 'cold and unmoving' facade that really only lasted for a minute or two.

"god.. why can't i hate you?" sighing, rin played with the orange residue from the instant noodle soup that stained the white paper cup.

daniel simply laughed, shrugging, "because you love me."