0.7

[narration]

"rin, i finally found yo- why the hell are you with him?"

the café, which was already silent enough, went even more silent as soon as daniel finished talking.

rin tightly clutched the lengthy sleeves of jihoon's black coat, her knuckles were slowly going white from the tight grip.

her eyeballs darted towards jihoon's direction, and she was surprised to see that he wasn't there, but instead, he was right next to daniel, his fist inches away from the taller male's face.

daniel had barely dodged jihoon's first swing, before a second one came at the speed of light, striking him right on the left cheek.

"oh my god, stop!" the girl at the counter screamed, timidly running towards the two males. she grabbed onto jihoon's arm, pulling him back, which stopped him from landing another blow on daniel, who was already bleeding from more than one place.

"let me go! i'm not letting this fucker get away with hurting jaerin." jihoon tried to swing the girl's arm off of his arm, but accidentally knocked her onto the ground with a loud 'thud'.

rin's eyes widened at the sight, immediately scurrying over to the fallen girl's side and yelling at jihoon to stop fighting.

"i.. i didn't hurt rin, what are you talking about?" confusion washed over daniel's face as he wiped off the blood that stained the side of his lips with the sleeve of his shirt.

"what? are you kidding me? i believe every single word she said, but for you? i don't believe anything you have to say." jihoon's eyes darkened, his gaze landed on the male who was sitting on the marble tiled floor of the café, unable to pull himself up.

rin sprung up from her squatting position, wrapping both of her arms around jihoon's waist, pulling him back before he could land another punch on daniel, who was already badly bloodied up.

"stop, jihoon! i appreciate the fact that you care, but i don't want you to hurt him any more than you already did. we've all had enough, okay? let's just go home.. please."

jihoon stood there, stationary, frozen from rin's touch. he didn't understand how a simple action from the girl could make him throw away all the anger that had once fueled his body.

he didn't understand why his heart started to tighten, or why the butterflies in his stomach suddenly went on a rampage.

"o..kay, let's go home." jihoon mumbled, and he felt rin's arms loosen around his waist, before completely disappearing.

he didn't understand why he wanted that moment to last longer, either.

(a/n: i'm sorry it took so long to get this update out, the narration chapters suck every ounce of brain juice out of my brain HAHAHA, hopefully i'll be able to get the next few chapters out quickly since they're gonna be text chapters. anyways, thank you all for being patient and again i'm sorry for the slow update 🙏🙏 have a nice day!)