2.0

[narration]

"doctor! how's ri- i mean, jaerin. is she okay?" daniel's grip on the hem of his sweatshirt tightened. the expression on the doctor's face was unreadable, and he felt his stomach churn from anxiety.

"fortunately, the blade did not impale any of her organs, but she still suffered from a very large amount of blood loss and we are currently searching for blood donors." the doctor explained whilst fixing the position of his wire-frame glasses that rested crookedly on his nose bridge.

"what's her blood type?" daniel watched the doctor in suspense as he traced his index finger across the document secured to a navy blue clipboard, "kim jaerin.. her blood type is AB."

"i can donate my blood to her! my blood is type A."

the doctor's troubled expression turned into one of relief, "okay, we'll have to run a few tests to determine if you're a compatible donor first. so, please come with me for a short while."

jihoon, who had been quietly listening to the conversation between daniel and the doctor, sprung up from his seat. "i'm also type AB. i can donate my blood to jaerin, too."

with a creased forehead, daniel looked over at jihoon with a slight glare. "i know you just want to help rin, but i think one person should be enough."

"actually, it'll be more beneficial if we had two donors. the patient did lose a very large amount of blood, and there is also a chance that your blood will not be compatible with the patient's blood type. so, just in case, we can run tests on the both of your blood to see if you are compatible donors."

the doctor's convincing words managed to quickly resolve the small argument that was about to erupt between the two males. although, the distasteful look on daniel's face did not disappear completely.

;

"i'm sorry to inform you, mr kang, but your blood is not compatible with the patient's blood type. on the other hand, mr park's blood is compatible with the patient's blood type." the same nurse who previously drew their blood came to deliver the test results.

"what? but my blood type is A! why isn't it compatible?"

"the patient's blood type is AB-, while your blood type is A+. only donors with negative blood types can donate to the patient. mr park has the AB- blood type as well, so he can donate his blood to the patient."

jihoon's jaw dropped at the information, but he closed it before anyone in the room noticed.

"if there are no more questions, let's begin the process of drawing out your blood, mr park. it shouldn't take too long, so i will need you to just stay still and relax your arm." jihoon obeyed the nurse's instructions, swallowing a large amount of saliva as he watched the woman take out a brand new syringe from a box placed inside the cabinet.

his gaze shifted around the room, there was really nothing to keep himself distracted with since the entire room was just.. white, and filled with nothing but medical equipment.

also, there was daniel sitting a couple metres away from him, with his chin resting on his open palm and the expression on his face showed how disappointed he was with the fact that he couldn't even help rin when she needed it the most.

but, of course, it would be weird for jihoon to stare at daniel while blood is being drawn out of his vein- or, stare at him in general- so he simply shut his eyes and waited for the nurse to tell him that it was all over.

(a/n: i really need an update schedule holy shit i'm so inconsistent with my updates it's becoming an legitimate issue 😩😩 but one thing i wanted to talk about for a long long time but always fucking forget: i have a bts taehyung short story that has been rotting in my drafts for like 20 days now, and i wanted to ask if yall would read it if i published it?? it's super short, it only has 9 chapters and each chapter only has a few hundred words

tell me if yall want me to publish it!! thank you 💜💜💜

update: I PUBLISHED IT)