1.8

[narration]

"jaerin, what are you saying? what do you mean he's not daniel?!" a flustered jihoon yelled, his fingers tugged at the ends of his bleached hair, frustration was clearly evident from his tone of voice.

"i know this sounds really fucking weird, but there's something inside daniel's mind that has control over his physical body. who you're looking at is daniel, but right now, the actual daniel doesn't have any control over his own body. that thing does."

daniel, who's been dead silent for a good 5 minutes now, started to chuckle at the girl's words.

rin was left dumbfounded, causing the expression on her face to morph into the one on jihoon's- utterly confused.

"what's so funny?" she frowned, giving the taller male a distasteful glare, in which he responded with another obnoxious laugh.

"oh, nothing is funny. i'm just surprised, rin. i didn't expect you to see through my cover so quickly, you're sharp!" daniel's toothy grin stretched from ear-to-ear, and normally, rin would love to see him smile.

now, she just wanted to slap it right off his damn face. who gave this demon bitch the right to smile using daniel's face? she thought to herself.

"why the hell did you want to tell me that daniel's the murderer, anyways? the only thing you'd get out of that is getting yourself thrown in jail. but, since there's no proof that daniel ever killed someone, even if you went to the police station to own up, they'll release you after they're done investigating.."

furrowing her brows, she found it strange that the cold winter wind had suddenly found its way to her face.

she raised her head, and just as she suspected, daniel was nowhere in sight.

"what the fuck? jihoon, did you see-" rin turned to the boy, her tense shoulders dropped in a matter of seconds after seeing him slumped against the door, the look on his face showed that he was clearly just as unaware of the situation as she was.

"nevermind, i wanted him to leave, anyways." after realising that the boy was still trapped in his thoughts, rin waved her hand in front of jihoon's face.

that managed to do the trick, and she watched as his eyes started to flutter before going wide.

"what happened? i blanked out for too long.. did daniel leave, already?" jihoon questioned in a soft voice, "oh, right.. daniel. i'm still really confused about whatever's going on with him, it doesn't make any sense.."

"let's just go inside first, it's so cold out here my lips are going to crack. i'll tell you everything i know about daniel's situation, although i'm not sure if it'll clear things up, or if you're just going to get even more confused."

jihoon laughed, "i don't think i can get more confused than i already am right now."

(a/n: oh my god i'm finally done with this chapter, even though it's really short i spent so many days trying to think of how to excute my thoughts into this specific chapter my brain is deadass sucked dry HAHAHA im so sorry i didnt update for almost a week, i was so occupied with MAMA and MMA ;; but our babies brought home so many trophies i'm so proud of them ❤❤❤)