1.1

[narration]

"who's there?" a groggy voice responded to the repeated doorbell rings.

"rin." the girl called out, making sure that it was loud enough for daniel to hear from inside his house.

the door flung open immediately, revealing a tall and well-built man with dishevelled hair and bored eyes.

"you didn't bring anyone along with you, right?" daniel scanned the area around his house for any suspicious activity.

after he was convinced that nobody else was there except the both of them, he let her into his place, brought her up to his room and left the door open as a sign that he wasn't going to do anything to her.

or, well, at least that's what rin hoped it meant.

"..i'm sorry." rin breathed out after a long moment of silence. she leaned on the cream coloured walls of daniel's all-so-familiar bedroom and fumbled with her fingers nervously.

daniel looked at her, his eyes reflected his confusion and shock as he tilted his head slightly to the right and asked the girl, "sorry for what?"

"for the thing you blamed me for.. you know, for turning you into a total dickhead." her response made him chuckle a little, "you finally decide to admit that you're the one at fault, huh?"

his laughter faded out, leaving the room silent once more.

rin stole a glance at the male, who was sitting at the corner of his bed. his feet tapped rhythmically on the wooden floor in an attempt to distract himself from the unbearable awkwardness that swarmed around the two.

she took small steps towards daniel, her brain was filled with jumbled thoughts and questions she had no answers to.

she plopped onto the space next to him and hesitated for a moment before wrapping her arms around his torso.

"what the hell are you doing?" daniel attempted to shrug the girl off of his body, but she wouldn't budge at all.

she didn't respond to his question, and he was about to pry her arms off his body until he felt the fabric of his shirt dampen.

he panicked for a moment, "uh.. don't cry, i'm sorry if i.. scared you..?" he blurted out, not knowing how to console a crying girl.

staring at rin's shaking shoulders, daniel knew that she probably would never stop crying, unless he..

"fine, here you go.." he managed to pull both of his arms out of rin's tight grip, and snaked his right arm around her shoulders, pulling her in for an awkward side hug that hopefully could stop her tears from falling.

to daniel's surprise, it actually worked. after a few more seconds of sniffling, rin pulled away from the embrace and wiped her tear-stained face dry with the cloth of her sweater.

she gazed at him, her eyes were bloodshot and her pale lips trembled as she spoke, "how.. how do i get my daniel back?"

(oops accidentally published this chapter while i was in the middle of writing it lmao sorry for the confusion;;)