1.2

[narration]

"tell me! how do i get my daniel back?!" rin barked, her dark brown eyes were shaking as her gaze bore right into the male's own eyes.

"wha- huh? why are you in my house, rin? how did you get in?" daniel stared confusedly at the girl, who seemed to have gotten extremely aggravated at his words.

"what? did you forget what you said to me?YOU were the one who told me to come here, and you said if i came, i would get my daniel back!" rin said, a look of disbelief mixed with a little bit of hurt was plastered on her face.

"old.. daniel? what do you mean? i'm right here!" daniel exclaimed with his eyebrows furrowed quizzcally. "rin, i..  i wasn't the one who told you to come here! i wasn't the one who hurt you before, either! that wasn't me, you have to believe me."

"then, who..? if it wasn't you, then who?" croaked out the girl, who was too overwhelmed with emotions to even try to understand what daniel had just told her.

"someone, no, something that lives inside of my brain. it can come out whenever it want and take over my physical body, and it'll trap my mental body inside the place it escaped from. when i'm in there, i can't control anything it's doing, nor can i see what my physical body is doing at that moment. only when my will is strong enough, and when that thing finally tires itself out, then can i return to my physical body."

rin couldn't believe what she was hearing, but at the same time, a few seconds after daniel finished speaking, she has already bought every single thing daniel said.

"so.. it's like, an inner demon?" she stared blankly at the floor, blinking slowly as the words came out of her mouth without much emotion.

"yeah, basically. it's just.. inner demons are inside of you, hence their name. but whatever's inside of me right now, it won't stay inside for very long. soon, it'll take over me again, so you have to leave before it comes back, because there's no telling what he wants to do with you.."

"when did you first find out that you had that.. thing.. inside of your head? can you remember?" daniel nodded, although he wasn't very enthusiastic about having to relive a small portion of his not-so-desirable past, he figured that the best thing he could do was to give rin a little bit more insight into his situation.

"after i broke up with my first girlfriend, i started hearing voices inside my head. i didn't think too much about it, because i already had to deal with my depression after the breakup."

"but soon, the voices got to me, they started telling me to play around with the girls in my school.. and, so, i did. when the voices disappeared, my old personality disappeared along with them. that thing practically took over my life from that point onwards." daniel turned his head to look to his right, and there sat rin, the expression on her face was unreadable.

"i lived like that for more than 5 years, and in those 5 years, i didn't hold any hope in my heart that my life would get better. when you first sent that text to me, and i replied with that shitty pick-up line, and we started to become friends, it was really like a miracle. i don't know how you did it, but you managed to chase it away with just your words."

daniel let a small smile rest on his lips, but that didn't stay for very long, "the voice came back into my head after we broke up. i was really surprised at first, because i hadn't heard it for such a long time, and i had pretty much forgotten about its existence. i wanted to think that it would've just disappeared after i fell asleep, but.."

he let out a long sigh, rubbing his tired eyes with his hands.

"..how do we get rid of it? it's possible to get rid of it again, right?" rin glanced up, she was trying to search for a trace of hope inside daniel's eyes.

"it is definitely possible to get rid of it again, but i don't know if it'll be as easy as the first time, where all i had to do was talk to you about random things.. it has gotten stronger, and i'm pretty sure that it wants to take-" daniel suddenly stopped, his eyes turned wide,

"it's coming back! rin, leave, now. it's dangerous to stay here when i have no control over my own body." his voice was desperate as he spoke, and his shoulders grew tenser by the second.

"bye, daniel, please text me later once you're in your own body again, okay?" rin leaned in and gave the male one last squeeze before she dashed out of his large house, her hasty footsteps echoed behind her.