0.6

[narration]

"what do you want? what the fuck, what are you doing? what the fuck!" rin didn't want to surrender to the fear that was slowly crawling out of the cavities in her chest, but as she stared at the person in front of her, her eyes grew big in shock.

he looked nothing like the daniel she knew. his brown hair was in a mess, his clothes creased, and the lustful look in his eyes terrified the girl beyond words.

"what am i doing..?" he let out a low chuckle, his dark eyes pierced into rin's fearful ones as a crooked smile played on his lips.

daniel pushed the girl roughly onto her black sofa, causing her to let out a noise of pain from the impact.

he tugged on the hem of rin's shirt, revealing a small portion of her pale stomach. he dragged a finger across the skin of her belly, after leaving a long trail of warm saliva on her stomach.

but, before he could slip off her entire shirt, the girl rolled off the sofa, onto the cold ground, and made a daring escape out of her own house.

the sound of daniel yelling out her name was cut off by the loud noise of her slamming her front door shut.

her feet were bare, her clothes were thin, and as soon as she stepped out into the freezing outdoors, her teeth started to chatter uncontrollably and millions of goosebumps formed on her bare skin.

she didn't know where to run to, where to hide. or even if daniel was right behind her, looking for her in the same unbearable weather.

she didn't know why she felt so disgusted, either. it was just daniel, right? the same, cat-loving, bad pick-up line telling daniel, right?

no. the person back there, the person she was with just now, wasn't daniel. daniel didn't have jet black eyes, he had dark brown ones.

daniel didn't smell like he just smoked a whole packet of cigarettes, he smelled like freshly bloomed flowers on the first few days of spring.

"jaerin?" a male's voice called out from a distance, and for a second, rin's heart had stopped beating.

to her relief, it wasn't daniel, or whoever that person was in her house a few minutes ago.

"jihoon..? what- why- why are you h-here?" she stuttered, unable to speak properly with the speed her teeth were chattering at.

"shouldn't i be asking you that question instead? it's cold as hell out here, why are you wearing a t-shirt and shorts? shit, why are you bare-footed, too? oh fuck, you must be freezing!"

jihoon slipped off his black coat, draping it over rin's shoulders. she immediately slid her arms into the long sleeves of his coat, her hands covered by the thick fabric.

"thank you.." rin glanced at the male, who now had only a beige sweater and a pair of denim jeans on. he pulled the sleeves of his sweater as far as he could, and stuffed his stiff hands into the pocket of his jeans.

rin felt bad for taking his coat away, especially in this weather, "he looks cold.." she thought to herself.

jihoon seemed to notice the uneasy expression on her face, as he let out a small chuckle, making the girl look at him curiously.

"i'm fine, jaerin. i'm not cold, don't worry!" the smile on the boy's face's almost instantly made the girl feel better.

the two of them walked in silence, neither of them knew where they were heading to. cars on the road sped past, their bright headlights lit up the dark night for a very short period of time, as the dim street lamps barely did anything to light up the cold streets.

the question "what are you doing out here?" rang inside both of their heads, but they were too afraid to ask it. they were too afraid of having to give an answer to that question.

"let's go there." rin pointed to a coffee shop that was still open, which was a rare sight in the area she lived in as there were barely any shops to start off with.

most of them close when the clock strucks 10pm, that's one of the reasons why she's always hanging around in the convenience store.

the second reason is that the food there is cheap, which you probably already guessed.

"welcome!" the girl who stood at the counter smiled brightly, her eyes started to twinkle the moment they landed on jihoon.

rin didn't notice, though. she was too busy melting the stiffness in her frozen feet with the warmth from the heated floor.

"is it okay if i ask you a few questions?" jihoon enquired as soon as they sat down in one of the booths. rin nodded, gesturing for him to continue talking.

"what are you doing out here? especially with those thin clothes and no shoes, at this time. you live here, don't you? why aren't you home?" his string of questions left rin speechless for a few seconds.

she didn't know if she wanted to tell jihoon the truth, because even she wasn't sure of what happened just now.

after an extremely brief explanation of the situation, rin was uncertain if she had made the correct choice of telling jihoon the truth. she could tell that he was fuming, but was trying to keep his emotions at bay.

rin looked down to check the time on her phone, but when she looked up, someone pushed the door of the coffee shop open.

"rin, i finally found yo- why the hell are you with him?"