1.5

[narration]

"ah! so you're the one jihoon's been talking so much about recently! it's nice to finally be able to see you in person." the middle-aged man, presumably jihoon's dad, rolled down the car's front window and stuck his head out.

the wrinkles that ran down his smile lines grew deeper as the warm grin etched on his lips grew wider.

"dad! why do you have to talk about that.." jihoon, who was sitting in the passenger seat, gave the grey-haired man a playful glare, which the man returned with a chuckle.

"nice to meet you, i'm kim jaerin. i'm really grateful that you'd let me stay in your house for a while, because of all the stuff that's going around in my area." rin gave jihoon's dad a deep bow to show her gratitude, but was a little surprised at the response she got from him.

"it's nothing! i'm just glad my son finally met a girl he likes! it's been so long since he brought a girl over to our house, i don't even remember the last time he did!" jihoon, who was in the middle of getting rin's huge luggage inside the car's trunk, turned red at the mention of 'a girl he likes'.

the younger male slammed the trunk of the shut, a little too loudly. his gaze landed on rin, and an apologetic look replaced the embarrassment on his face.

"dad, she's not my girlfriend, she's just a good friend!" jihoon yelled from outside the car. rin noticed that the male's cheeks puff out slightly, and the tip of his ears turns incredibly red whenever he gets angry.

she found herself smiling, not at jihoon's weird little habits, but at the fact that it was so obvious that the father and son duo loved each other a lot.

rin climbed into the back seat of the car, at the same time that jihoon secured the buckle of his seatbelt, the 'click' sound signalled to his dad that they were ready to move.

"jaerin, was it? if you don't mind me asking, do you have a boyfriend?" the girl's eyes doubled in size at the sudden question.

she was at a lost for words, her mouth tried to form an answer, but the only thing that came out were incomprehensible noises that even she didn't understand.

"oh, sorry, was that too straight? it's okay, you don't have to answer it, i was just curious is all." rin forced out a laugh, "no, please, don't apologise! it's just.. we're a little complicated.. now."

the atmosphere in the car was as tense as ever, nobody spoke a word. the worst part was that it didn't seem like the awkwardness was going to go away any time soon.

rin saw jihoon fumbling with the back pocket of his pants, slipping out his phone, and typing a couple of words before pressing send.

'2 new messages from jihoon 🐰'

jihoon 🐰:

i'm sorry about my dad

jihoon 🐰:

he's always so nosy

you:

its fine

you:

im just too sensitive haha

you:

i dont want your dad to feel bad about asking me that question, its not his fault, he didnt know

you:

plus, im grateful that he let me stay at your place even though he didnt know me personally

jihoon 🐰:

but it was still rude for him to ask such a personal question, especially since its his first time meeting you

jihoon 🐰:

i'll talk to him about it later

jihoon 🐰:

we're almost at my house, rest for a while and try not to think about him too much, okay?

you:

okay

you:

thank you

you:

OH

you:

about daniel, he told me some things the other day when i went to his place

jihoon 🐰:

you went to HIS place???

jihoon 🐰:

what did he say? he didn't do anything to you, did he??

you:

he didnt do anything, dont worry

you:

you know what, its probably too long of a story to type out, i'll tell you later when we're at your place

jihoon 🐰:

well, okay

jihoon 🐰:

i'm just glad he didn't do anything to you

you:

yeah, but honestly

you:

i dont know how long that'll remain as the case

(a/n: hey hey hey if y'all know of any good wanna one/bangtan ffs please suggest them to me!! it can be any genre i dont mind, ive just been craving for some good reads 😎😎 thank you!!)