1.7

[narration]

"jaerin, where are you going?" the sound of jihoon's voice startled rin, her grip on the door knob tightened as she glanced around to face him.

"f-food!" she blurted out the first thing that came to her mind.

"i saw a 7-11 right next to your house on the way here earlier on, so i just wanted to go out and get some ramyun." jihoon furrowed his brows, "jaerin, you know we have proper food at home, right? you don't have to get ramyun."

the girl's ears perked up at the mention of 'proper food'. she can't remember the last time she had a home-cooked meal, or even the last time she heard the sound of the stove being turned on.

but, before she could say anything to jihoon, a ring from her phone snapped her out of her thoughts.

"hello?" rin's voice was low as she spoke into her phone, her eyes darted towards jihoon, who gave her a look of confusion.

"rin, i'm outside." from the other end of the line, daniel's voice sounded.

she gulped, thinking of the worst possible outcome that could occur if the two males saw each other at this moment.

distancing her phone from her face, she yelled out a "i'm going out now!" to jihoon, who stood at the top of the staircase.

he nodded briefly, watching rin slip out of the front door and lightly shutting it behind her.

jihoon didn't want to question who she was on the phone with, or why she wanted to get ramyun when she just ate lunch with him, or why she didn't have her wallet with her when she left the house.

because he knew for a fact that when rin was on the phone, the voice on the other line was loud enough for him to recognize it as daniel's.

rin's pov

"so, what did you want to talk about?" i gazed up at daniel, who was leaning against the white brick walls of jihoon's house, his hands were stuffed inside the pockets of his denim jacket.

the strong winds blew the bangs that rested above his eyes away from his face, making his dark circles stand out even more.

"i know who the murderer is."

i choked on the saliva i was about to swallow.

"who? who's the murderer?" after a long while of silence, i was starting to think that maybe i didn't want to know the answer to that question.

with his voice wavering, he managed to croak out the word,

"me."

before anything could happen, before i could even process what he just said, the front door of jihoon's house flung open.

there stood jihoon, with the tips of his ears tinted a flaming red, his phone in hand and the number 112 dialed into it.

"wait! stop! don't call the police!" i snatched jihoon's phone away from him and ended the call before it went through.

he was bewildered, to say the least, "why? jaerin, he's a murderer! he killed two innocent women! i know he used to be your boyfriend, but you can't ju-"

"no, jihoon. this isn't daniel." jihoon looked even more confused than before, his eyes reflected the disbelief he was in.

locking gazes with daniel, or whatever was inside of him at that moment, i gave him a small smile, in which he returned with a raised eyebrow.

"i think you've underestimated my ability to sense bullshit."

(a/n: hey guys!! ヽ(´▽`)/  i'll appreciate it a lot if y'all could check this book out!! english is not her first language so please keep that in mind 🤗🤗

also, thank you for 20k reads and please give havefaithwithjade's book a chance!! have a good day/night 💜💜