Chapter 11. 'Lohri'

Start from the beginning

I came out of the bathroom.
Showed the dress to both of them.

The approval came like a relief. A wave of fresh morning breeze. They smiled widely and giving me a thumbs up.

FINALLY!

(Anusha's dress for Lohri)

It was already 5 in the evening, we were getting ready for the function, we were supposed to be there at 6 p.m. sharp. Like my father anticipated.

It had been only 20 minute since we walked inside our respective rooms to get dressed when Papa started his 'hurry up' chants.

Men have nothing to be worried about when it comes to dressing. They just get up, wear what they have prepared and bang all set.
No make up.
No better than rest attitude.
No bad hair day problems.
No accessory requirements.

Sometimes it feel curse to be a women. Especially when you are crushing over men clothing section.

I was getting ready, wearing the same dress Mumma and Ayusha have selected for me.

I'd decided to leave my hair loose, applied my eyeliner lining my lids and kohl marking my lower lid. My eyes look bigger then the small size I inherited.
A small bindi over my forehead, I wore heavy kundan- pearl earrings and bangles-sober dress and heavy jewelry a perfect combo!

The worst part for me, I had to carry a dupatta- which I'd never done before, only on rare occasions.

.

.

We arrived Khanna mansion, the guards open the gates recognising our cars.

We were welcomed by Aunty ji and Uncle ji.
I greeted them by touching their feet earning blessings and hugs in response.

I smiled when they called me beautiful. 
Girls love compliments.

The decorations were fabulous. Arrangements for Lohri were mesmerizing.

I was admiring the whole place, it all looked so different from the engagement preparations, the lawn was looking completely variant and bright.