thirty-three

I awake in a bed that isn't mine, but then remember I'm staying at the boys' house.

My mind races, but I think I remember what happened after the funeral.

I said I wanted to go somewhere.

But where was it?

Just then, Liam peeks his head through the door. "Hey, do you want the boys to come back from Cheshire or are they allowed to stay there?"

"They can stay. Everything should be fine."

Wait.

That's it.

I wanted to move to Cheshire.

Harry agreed to it and was super jovial about it, too.

We smiled at each other, and that's when the bright light showed up behind his curly head.

All the pictures and memories flood into my mind. From both the night of my mother's death and the night of Harry's almost death.

He's not dead yet, and I'm going to make sure he won't be for a long while.

I get up from the bed in the guest room and pull on some leggings and a tank top.

I'm too tired to actually try to look nice, so I just put my unruly, blonde curls into a semi-messy bun.

"Goodmorning, Bella." Liam greets me as I walk into the large kitchen.

"Morning." I mumble a response.

My phone buzzes and I pick it up.

"Hello. May I speak to Ms. Isabella Styles, please?" It's Dr. Neha Brown, probably keeping me updated on Harry.

"Speaking. May I help you?"

"Oh, I don't need your help, but I think someone else here does." I can basically hear her smiling, which is odd because Dr. Neha doesn't usually smile. "Your brother, Harold, woke up this morning. He doesn't remember much, but usually when people see a familiar face or hear a familiar voice or possibly a word or phrase that was special to them, it could trigger something in their brain and they could possibly regain their memory."

"Oh, thank you, Doctor!" I exclaim into the phone, grabbing my jacket from the couch. "I'll be right over."

-

I walk into the hospital room. I'm scared. And nervous. And happy. And excited. And worried. All these emotions are flooding inside of me.

"Hello, Harry." I say in a calm, yet shaky voice.

His eyes open and he turns to look at me. He furrows his brows.

"W-who is she?" He asks, turning his eyes towards the doctor.

He doesn't remember me.

My face falls flat and tears start to brim my eyes.

How could he not remember me?

He's my brother, he has to remember me. We're family.

"Harry, I-I'm your sister, Bella." I manage to get out.

A wide smile grows across his face. "I know who you are, silly. You're Isabella Emelaine Styles, my sister. I want to know who she is." His head motions towards Dr. Neha.

I let out a sigh of relief and a small giggle. "That's Dr. Neha Brown. She's been taking care of you while you were in the coma."

I mouth a 'Thank you' to Dr. Neha and smile down at my big brother.

"I'm so glad you're alive, Harry." I blurt out.

"I'm glad I'm alive, too." He scrunches his nose.

"I was scared I would be left alone. That I would literally have no one." I confess.

"Don't worry, Bell. I won't be dead for quite some time." He gently rubs my arm in a comforting way.

"So, about that move to Cheshire...."

~

Hey guys, since this book is almost finished, I've started a new fanfic, Guarded! It's a Niall one, so if you could check it out, that'd be amazing :-)

Comment & vote maybe???? Ily

-Anna xo