twenty

*Harry's POV*

"Rise and shine!" I yell up the stairs.

"Be down in a minute, Harry!!" Gemma calls back.

I've missed her. And her bubbly personality. I hope she and Bella are getting along.

I walk back into the kitchen and finish cooking the bacon.

I slide the still sizzling pieces onto three plates with scrambled eggs already on them.

"Goodmorning, Harry." Gemma says, taking her plate.

"Mornin', Gem." I reply as I start making my coffee.

"Have you seen Bella?" She asks, taking a bite of her salt and peppered scrambled eggs.

"She's probably out on her morning run. It's something she used to do with mom."

"Ah, I see." She bites a crunchy piece of bacon.

"She said she doesn't completely hate you anymore." Gemma suddenly blurts out.

"Well, I guess you could call that progress." I laugh a little.

"What's progress?" Bella barges in, taking out her earbuds.

"That you don't completely hate me." I tease.

Bella nods, "Okay, then." And she walks out of the kitchen.

-

*Gemma's POV*

I haven't seen Harry in a while. I was starting to really miss him. He's like the little brother I always wanted and I got him on a street corner.

That doesn't sound good, but it's the truth.

But he's the real brother Bella's never had. He left when she was just a baby, after her dad had died. 13 years later, he comes back completely different, after her mom died.

I feel so bad for Bella. She lost everything she ever truly loved. I know she should love Harry, because they're blood, but if he did that to me? I probably wouldn't even talk to him. Let alone live with him.

I can tell by the way she acts around new people that she isn't very social and probably doesn't have many friends. So, that's why I'm going to befriend her.

If Harry can be my sort of little brother, Bella can be my sort of little sister.

-

"Bella?" I knock on the door.

"Gemma?" She answers.

"Yes." I put my hand on the doorknob. "May I come in?"

"Sure."

Bella stands in front of her full length mirror in a just above knee length black dress. She has her hair done up and she's in at least 2 inch heels.

"You look very beautiful." I state.

She turns her gaze away from the mirror to me. "Thank you." She blushes slightly.

"Why are you all dressed up?" I ask curiously. Like I said before, she doesn't seem like a very social person.

"The boys are having their first big gig at a wedding tonight and they pushed Harry to sing with them. Perrie and I are going to support the group and get free cake." She puts a silver necklace around her neck. "You're welcome to come, too if you want."

I smile. "I'd love to."

I get dressed in a nice green blouse and my nicest slacks. I didn't really come prepared for such a formal occasion.