nineteen

*Harry's POV*

"Bella! C'mon! We're going to the store!" I yell up the stairs.

"No. I'm not going." She calls back.

"Yes, you are." I say firmly. "You're not staying home alone or going anywhere alone after that whole graveyard incident!"

I hear some shuffling and Bella shows up at the top of the stairs. She stands there in a black tank-top, that looks like it used to be a t-shirt, but someone cut off the sleeves, short-shorts and her arms crossed over her chest.

"I don't want to go to the store." She whines. "I hate shopping."

"You hate me, too." I tease. "So, watching you suffer through two things that you absolutely hate is quite amusing."

"And I'm quite offended." She slips on her flip-flops and puts on a pair of faux RayBands.

"Oh well." I try to hide the small smile forming on my lips.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing," the smile grows bigger as I try to recover. "It's just, uh, you look like you're trying to act like a rebellious teenager." I stifle a laugh.

"I am a rebellious teenager, Harold." She giggles slightly.

-

"So, a no on the bananas for you, but a yes for me." I push the cart past the fruit section.

"It's not my fault I'm allergic." She defends herself.

I put my hands up in mock surrender. "Hey, I never said it was your fault."

We continue walking down the aisles of the store with me pushing the cart.

I hear someone behind me say, "Harry? Harry Styles?!"

I turn around to meet a familiar light purple haired girl, slightly older than me. She wears a large smile on her face.

"Gemma!" I exclaim and she embraces me in a hug.

Bella looks down at her hands and fiddles with her bracelet.

Gemma looks at her with wide eyes. "So, this must be-"

"Isabella." I finish the sentence for her.

Bella forces a smile and shakes Gemma's hand.

"Lovely to meet you." Gemma greets.

"Same to you." Bella looks slightly irritated, but I can't entirely read her expression.

"So, Gemma. What brings you to the lovely state of California?" I quickly break the awkward silence.

"I'm just visiting some friends." She states.

"That's nice." I say. "Well, better get back to shopping. My rebellious teenage sister does need food sometimes." I tease.

Gemma laughs and Bella rolls her eyes so far they might just roll back into her head.

-

*Bella's POV*

I sit on the couch with a slice of pizza on a plate, in my lap.

Gemma sits to my left and Harry sits next to her.

Why did he have to invite her over?

We eat in silence for a bit, while Harry flips through the channels.

"Keep it here." I say when he flips to Duck Dynasty.

"Alright." Harry agrees.

After a couple of minutes, Gemma pipes up.