ten

*Bella's POV*

Last night was amazing. I playback the memories in my head as I lay on my bed.

"Bella!! Get dressed!! We're going shopping!!" Harry calls from downstairs.

Ugh. I don't wanna get out of my warm bed.

"I'm not going!!" I yell back.

"Yes, you are!!"

"No, I'm not!! I'm 15 now. I can fend for myself!!" I call.

"Fine." He grunts. "I'll be back in 45 minutes. Don't do anything stupid."

Don't do anything stupid? Wow, thanks.

I get up and open the box of pictures.

I take out one of mom and I. It was the day before the accident. We went and spent the day at the beach.

Memories fill my mind. Then I pick one up from 13 years ago. A couple days after my dad died of cancer.

Harry is sitting there, with me in his lap. We're both smiling and laughing.

Mom would tell me stories about my brother who left. About how sometimes he would tickle me just hear my belly laugh.

Most of the stories she couldn't finish, though. It hurt her too much. It hurt her to think about Harry. She felt that he hated her. But she needed him. She needed him so much. She struggled to raise me. It was so difficult for her. She was so depressed. Her husband had just died, and then her only son ran away. All she had was me. I tried my hardest, but I was only so little. I never expected any of this to happen. I expected to have her here for my 15th birthday. I planned to have her there when I graduated high school. Now I can't. Now she's gone. Forever.

I must have been sitting here for quite awhile, because now I hear Harry bounding up the steps.

"Please go away." I say before he even gets the chance to knock.

"I was just-"

"Leave." I say firmly. "Please."

"Bella? Are you okay?" He asks.

"No." I reply honestly. "But there's nothing you can do to help me, so just leave."

-

*Harry's POV*

"It's like, one day I think things are getting better and she's being nice, but the next, she hates me again." I tell the boys. "She's like bi-polar about it or something."

"Do you want me to go talk to her?" Niall asks.

"Nah, it's fine." I shake my head. "I just feel so horrible. I never thought I would see her again. And for some reason, when I got the call, I just kind of assumed that everything would be fine and we'd be like normal siblings."

I faintly laugh at the remembrance of what Bella had said to me one of the first nights I was here.

"What's funny?" Liam asks.

"Nothin'" I say. "Just something Bella said a couple nights after I moved in. 'Don't assume things. It only makes an ass out of you and me.'"

They all laugh a little, but Niall finds it ridiculously hilarious. He leans his head back as he laughs.

Bella comes down the stairs.

"Bells! We were just talking about you! All good things, all good things." Louis exclaims when he sees her.

"Hey, Lou." She smiles and takes a seat at the table, in between Perrie and Louis.

"Wanna play Go Fish?"

~

Kind of short but oh well

-Anna xo