thirty-two

Harry's been in a coma for two weeks now.

And I have to admit, I'm scared.

I called the boys to let them know what had happened, and Liam flew back over.

I was let out of the hospital four days ago, and Liam is letting me stay at his and the boys' house. I just don't think I can stay alone right now.

I still don't remember what happened after the funeral. It's all just a blur. The doctors have told me that we were in a car crash and it was pretty severe. When they told me that, it sort of brought back some memories, but not a lot. I feel like there was something more significant about the car ride. Like we had made a huge decision, but I can't remember what it was.

"Hey, Harry." I sit down in the chair next to his hospital bed. "Remember me?" I laugh to myself. "So, how's life?" Hold it together, Bella. "What's up?" Hold it together. C'mon, you can do this. "Harry-" I burst into tears. "I miss you. I miss you so much. Please come back. Please. The world needs you. I need you. Without you, I'm just a 15 year old nobody living on my own. Without you, I have nobody. I need a family. No matter how big or how small, everyone needs a family. And I'm your family, and you're mine. So please, please just come back. I love you."

I don't know why I keep repeating this. I say the same thing everyday, in hopes one of my heartfelt words will wake him from his coma.

Nothing ever does.

The door creaks open and in walks Dr. Neha. "Ms. Styles," she says. "It's time for you to leave. We have to look at Harry and make sure nothing else is wrong with him."

I get up, not bothering to wipe the tears from my face. "Can you fix him? Can you bring him back?"

She purses her dark lips. "We're doing everything we can, but none of his signs are looking any better. His chances are-"

"Slim." I finish her sentence for her.

"Yes." She takes a deep breath. "Now, why don't you go get some rest? It looks like you haven't had a good night's sleep in days."

How could I sleep at a time like this? When my only family could possibly die at any given moment?

People just don't understand.

I sit in one of the uncomfortable waiting room chairs and Liam sits in the one next to me, eating chips he got from the vending machine.

"Want one?" He offers, his voice muffled because his mouth his full.

I shake my head, "No, thanks."

"How're you feeling?"

"Awful."

"I'm sorry." Liam puts a comforting hand on my back. He looks into my eyes. "Everything is going to be alright, Bella. Don't worry. Everything happens for a reason. I understand what you're going through and it's-"

"No." I say firmly. "You don't understand. Nobody does. Nobody ever will. Did your father die when you were a baby? Did your only brother leave when he was nine years old and hurt your mother in ways you can't even describe? Were you ever so close to your mother, that she was basically your best friend, and then you had to watch her die? Did your grandparents refuse to take you in and then go and die? Did your hated brother come back one day from England, a completely different person and you were forced to live with him? Did that hated brother ever grow on you and now you love him with all your heart because he's literally the only person you have left and could die at any given moment?" I snap.

Liam looks a little taken aback. "Well, no, but-"

"Then stop trying to act like you understand. Because you don't."

~

This is a short chapter but oh well

Comment and vote :-)
-Anna xo