twelve

*Harry's POV*

I get out of my bed a pull on a white t-shirt.

"Goodmorning, Bella." I say as I walk past her in the kitchen. She ignores me. "I said, Goodmorning, Bella!"

She still ignores me.

"Still hate my guts, huh?" I tease.

She nods.

Oh. Ok.

"Make me some bacon and some scrambled eggs." She demands.

"No." I walk over to the fridge and open it.

"Why not?"

"Because you're being especially rude this morning." I search the food.

"I'm always rude." She leans on the counter.

"Not always." I grab a juice box.

"Yeah, I kind of am." She says. "But at least I have a reason to be."

I look down at my juice box. "Why do we have these?"

"The juice boxes?"

"Yeah." I take a sip. "I mean, aren't you a little old for these?"

"Says the guy actually drinking one."

"It's the only thing we have besides water." I defend myself.

"Anyway, I love juice boxes. Mom loved juice boxes. We would drink them while eating lunch on school days." She looks down at the counter and smiles weakly.

"Speaking of school, how're you doing with those online classes?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Fine."

"Do you have any report card or something you need to show me?" I try to sound kind of responsible.

"I'm getting straight D's." She looks me in the eyes with most serious expression on her face.

"Oh." I say, looking down. She seemed like a really smart girl. Does she need help? Are her grades dropping because of what happened in the last few months?

"I'm just kidding!" She laughs. "I have straight A's!! Gosh, Harry, you're so gullible."

I laugh at her laughing. She has a wonderful laugh. It sounds just like mom's, from what I can remember.

"You," I shake a finger at her. "You-you-" I can't finish my sentence because I'm laughing too hard.

-

*Bella's POV*

I look at the pictures strewn across my bed. I'm crying again. I always cry when I take out the box, but I still take it out anyway.

I sing the lyrics to 'Breakaway' as I study the picture of mom and I.

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

"I didn't know you could sing." Harry startles me.

"I can't."

"Yes, you can." He sits on my bed. "You have a beautiful voice. It reminds me of mom's."

I look into his green eyes. Mom had the same ones.

"Did mom ever sing you that lullaby?" He asks.

I smile at the memory. "Every night."

"It was my favorite."

"Mine too." I lay back on my bed. Harry does the same.

"Bella?" He says after a few moments of silence. "Why did you dye your hair?"

I clench my jaw and sit up. "I don't want to tell you."

"Why not?" He sits up, too.

"Because it's rude."

"It can't be that rude. It's just a hair color." He encourages.

"Do you really wanna know?"

"Yes, I really do."

I sigh. "Are you sure?"

He rolls his eyes. "I'm sure. Now, would you just tell me why you dyed your hair?"

I close my eyes and sigh again. "After I got the news you were coming," I look down at my hands. "I dyed my hair."

"But why?"

"Because I thought that maybe if I had a different hair color, people wouldn't," I look up at the ceiling, then back down at my hands. "People wouldn't think we were related. And I wouldn't have to tell people you were my brother."

He looks at me with a confused and upset look.

"I mean, I have mostly dad's features in the face and you have mostly mom's. The only things that are the same are our emerald green eyes and brown hair." I look down at my hands. "But not anymore."

~

Ok, so I know that her reasoning is kind of lame and she makes it more dramatic than it really needs to be, but I just wanted to show how much Bella despises her brother and didn't wanted to be associated with him in any way. Ok? Ok. Bye(:

-Anna xo