two

I sit on my bed, looking through pictures of my mom. All these memories come flooding back to me and tears brim my eyes. She got so stressed and depressed after dad died, but it got worse when my brother left.

Even though my mom was always depressed, she always had a smile on her face. She had to be happy. For me.

I hear the doorbell and shove the pictures in a box and put it under my bed.

It's been a week since I've been in court, and he should be here today.

I open the door and see a tall boy with broken, brown curls in black skinny jeans and a red flannel. His sun glasses make him look kind of douchey while he chews his spearmint gum, that I can smell from where I'm standing.

"Harold." I say.

"It's Harry." He says with a deep British accent.

"I don't care."

I can see him roll his eyes through his glasses. "Well, are you going to invite me in?" He snaps.

I motion him in and sigh.

He looks around a little. "Nice house."

"You used to live in it." I say under my breath.

He sets his stuff down on the couch and walks into the kitchen. He opens the fridge. "What? No beer?"

"Mom stopped drinking after you," I realize what I was about to say and look down at my hands.

He must've not heard me, because he just starts rummaging through all the other cabinets.

"There's nothing to eat in this house." He exclaims as he picks up his keys. "C'mon, we're going shopping."

"I'm not going anywhere." I snap.

"Well, I'm in charge. Get your shoes on." He pulls on his jacket.

"No. I don't want to go to the store. I'm almost 15, I think I can fend for myself." I cross my arms over my chest.

"I didn't ask you what you wanted to do. Now, c'mon." He's so rude. And where did he get that British accent? Is that where he went? to England? Has he been gone long enough to get an accent?

I roll my eyes and put on my shoes and grab my purse. To be honest, I expected this meeting to be way more awkward. Now there's too much tension between us for it to be weird, I guess.

"How's life, Bella?" He asks sarcastically as he turns on the car.

No one has called me Bella since the day of the accident.

"How's life? How's life? My mother just died. And now I have to deal with a brother that I barely know, but have come to hate. How do you think life is?" I snap again.

"Harsh." He acts offended.

"Ugh." I huff.

-

"Do you like bananas?" He asks as we pass the fruit section.

"I'm allergic."

"Allergic? To bananas?" He howls with laughter.

"Shutup." I slap his arm.

"Loosen up, Bells!"

"Would you quit it with the stupid pet names?!" I stop in my tracks and stomp my foot.

"What's wrong with them?"

"I hate them! They're so annoying!!" I say loudly."Just like you!!" I stomp off and exit the store, heading for the car.

~

Second chapter, yay

Hope you guys like it :)

-Anna xo