Chapter 16

Y/N woke the next morning, she opened her eyes to see an empty bed next to her, she thought that Barry had gone to work, he had been talking about a case he had at CCPD lately. Then, Barry walked into the bedroom, a tray in his hand, with soup, water, and crackers, Y/N smiled at the sight.

"Hey, I thought you had to go to the station this morning," Y/N said sitting up a little.

"I was supposed to, but I called in sick so I could spend the day with you," Barry smiled sitting down next to her.

"How sweet, you get to a spend a whole day with a sick person," she joked.

Barry rolled his eyes at her humor, "Well, Caitlin said that your speedy healing should be coming back slowly, so this won't last as long as the typical flu does," Barry said moving a stray strand of hair and tucking it behind her ear. "But, she still wants us to come down to S.T.A.R. Labs later to run some tests just to be sure," he said handing Y/N the tray.

---about an hour later---

"Yep, definitely a common case of the flu," Caitlin said as she finished examining Y/N's condition.

"So how much longer is this going to last?" Y/N sniffled, Barry soothingly rubbing her back as he sat next to her in the medical bay.

"Another day or two, at the worst three," Caitlin said. "Just give it time," she explained as she headed back into the Cortex.

"Great," Y/N groaned as she lay back on the bed, Barry still sitting next to her.

"Talk to me," Barry said rubbing her leg. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I haven't had the flu since I was a kid," she said sitting up and leaning her head against Barry's shoulder.

Barry smiled as he rested his head against hers, "I do think that you will survive," he joked.

"I don't think so," Y/N replied.

"Come on, you're the Flash," Barry said taking her hand into his. "You've fought evil speedsters, metahumans, aliens, and people from other Earth's...you're kind of a badass," he chuckled. "You're gonna make it through this...you're Y/N Allen...you're gonna be fine," Barry said putting his arm around her and pulling Y/N into a hug.

Y/N felt the warmth rising to her cheeks as she blushed at Barry's sweet words, "Thank you, for believing in me," she murmured. 

"I've always believed in you," Barry said. "Because-"

Barry was interrupted by one of Cisco's metahuman alert alarms ringing throughout the Cortex and surrounding area. "I'll be right back," he said quickly kissing Y/N's forehead before speeding into his suit and then out of the Cortex.

Y/N laid back down, and before she knew it, Barry was back, still in his suit he sat next to her, his mask off. 

"What happened to you?" she asked noticing a bruise with a minor gash on Barry's cheeks as she lay on her side.

"A metahuman happened to me," Barry replied. "This guy turned his whole body into metal," he explained.

"Hmm," Y/N hummed. "A man of steel...what happened?" 

"Well, your so-called man of steel is sitting in Iron Heights awaiting a sentence," Barry explained.

"What about your eye?" Y/N asked referencing Barry's worsening bruise near his eyes.

"Well, I confronted him, he punched me, and then get this...he tried to run away," Barry chuckled.

Y/N couldn't hold back a laugh, "He tried to run away...from The Flash?"

"You'd be surprised by how much it happens," Barry joked.

"Oh, believe me, I know how much it happens," she smiled.

"See, there's that smile that I haven't seen in a while," Barry said cupping her cheek in his hand. "Are you feeling any better?" he asked.

She nodded, "Yeah, a little, especially now that you're back," she smiled again.

"Well, I wish I could stay, but Joe called, he and Singh both need me down at the station," Barry said sadly.

"There isn't any way that you can stay?" Y/N asked.

"I'll be back before you know it," he said laying a gentle kiss on her forehead before leaving.

Y/N quickly fell asleep before being woken up about an hour later by Barry entering the room again.

"Hey, sleepy head," Barry greeted as he took a seat on the bed next to Y/N.

"Hey, you're back," she replied sitting up, her head leaning against Barry's shoulder, his fingers intertwining with hers.

"Yeah," he said offering a gentle smile to a sniffling Y/N.

"Still not feeling too good?" he asked.

She quickly shook her head, "I feel better, just not 100% quite yet."

"Well, remember, Caitlin said about another day or two, I would guess one with how well you're improving it'll be one day," Barry smiled.

"Good, I'm sick of being sick," she said. "I'm also kinda missing running around the city with you," she said nudging Barry's arm.

"Well, if it's any consolation, I miss running around with you too," he said tracing his thumb across her hand.

"My hero," Y/N grinned.

"Yeah, well,  your hero is going to take you home now," Barry said picking her up.

After bringing her home he laid her down on the couch, covering her with a blanket before turning on the news.

"Come here," Y/N said patting the area next to her.

"What am I, some kind of teddy bear?" Barry asked tilting his head before crawling under the blanket with Y/N cuddling up with her, her arms snaked around him.

"You're my teddy bear," she cooed against his chest.