Chapter 15

"C'mon, let's go see the team," Barry said standing up and bringing Y/N up with him.

They walked into the Cortex hand in hand, "The dynamic duo, back again," Cisco said giving Y/N and Barry a hug.

Barry chuckled, "Well, I wouldn't be here without Y/N," Barry said putting his arm around her waist and offering a smile to the team in front of him.

"We're all just glad that you're both okay," Caitlin said.

"I guess we won?" Julian shrugged as he looked curiously around at the others.

"What about Thawne, what happened to him?" Y/N asked.

"I thought Oliver told you, they tossed him back through the portal to Earth-X, before they shut it down," Cisco said.

"Well, I guess he might of, I was a little busy focusing on my dying husband at the time," Y/N defended.

"Oh...yeah. Well, that's what happened to him," Cisco explained.

"But that won't stop him for long," Barry said. "If I know anything about Thawne, Wells, whatever we call him, he doesn't stay gone for very long, he'll be back."

"And we need to be a step ahead in order to stop him," Y/N added.

"How on Earth are we supposed to do that?" Julian asked.

"His past...we figured out who he worked with in the past, we find them, and we figure out how he works to find out his plan now, here in the present," Barry suggested.

"That's a pretty good idea," Y/N stated.

"I'll get right on it," Cisco said heading down to his work lab.

"I gotta head to CCPD," Barry said kissing Y/N's forehead. "I'll see you later?"

"Or I could just go with you," Y/N suggested.

"I'd like that," Barry smiled.

----Later that day----

"Hey, Barry," Joe said walking into the lab. "Nice to see that you and Y/N are both doing well after the whole Earth-X fiasco," he said greeting his son.

"Hey, Joe," Barry said getting up and giving Joe a hug, "Sorry, Y/N's actually still asleep," he said gesturing over to her. She lay asleep peacefully in the chair next to Barry's, a blanket laid over her. "She's still really exhausted from the last couple days, and everything that's been going on," Barry explained.

"No," Joe said shaking his head. "I get it, this whole Earth-X thing really took its toll on her."

Barry was about to reply when his phone began ringing, the sound causing Y/N to stir, "Hey, Cisco, what's up?"  Barry asked.

Barry quickly hung up and brought Y/N to her feet, "Cisco thinks he found a way to get ahead of Thawne," Barry said speeding them both over to S.T.A.R. Labs, and then down to Cisco's work lab.

"What did you figure out with Thawne?" Y/N asked sleepily rubbing her tired eyes.

"See that's just it," Cisco said sounding stumped. "I can't find anything on this guy, it's like he doesn't exist."

"That's because we're looking for a man that comes from the future, and lived in the past, present, and future," Y/N said observing Cisco's computers.

"So what are suggesting that we do next?" Barry asked leaning over her shoulder.

"We find somewhere in the past that we know he will be for sure...somewhere where we can find him and confront him," Y/N explained. "If we do things right, we'll be able to figure out his plan and stop him before the timeline cements in place and he even remembers that we visited him in the past."

"Okay," Cisco replied. "But how do we find a good place in the past to visit?" he asked.

"Maybe Gideon can help us with that," Barry said looking to Y/N.

She shook her head, "I don't think the version of Gideon in my suit can handle something like that."

"But the console of Gideon upstairs, in the time vault...she, might be able to," Barry suggested.

"Barry Allen, have I told you how much of a genius you are," Y/N said kissing him on the cheek.

"Not yet today you haven't," he joked.

After they had Gideon searching the timeline for what they needed, Barry and Cisco both agreed to call it a night and head home. 

"Oh, come on," Barry chuckled. "You slept in my chair at the station all day and you're still tired," he said while Y/N yawned and rubbed her sleepy eyes.

"Yeah," Y/N replied. "Watching you work...that was really tiring," she said yawning again. 

"Okay," Barry said picking her up, "Let's get you home."

After successfully speeding them both back to the apartment, Y/N headed straight upstairs, Barry just behind her. Once in their bedroom, Y/N quickly changed into one of Barry's flannel shirts and practically collapsed into the bed.

Barry couldn't hold back his laughter as he put on a pair of sweats and took off his shirt before heading towards the bed and sitting next to his very exhausted wife.

"Y/N? Are you actually okay?" he asked running a hand across her forehead to check for a fever, which he found very quickly. "Y/N?" he asked again. "How do you feel?"

"Not good," she said rolling onto her side, Barry could see that she was a little pale, he knew that Cisco had gotten sick a few days before, maybe that's what Y/N has.

"I'll be right back," he said kissing her forehead softly before leaving the room.

"Hey Cait," Barry said with a smile as Caitlin answered her phone.

"What's up with you this late?" she asked sleepily. "You aren't hurt are you?" she asked worriedly.

"No, no," Barry quickly replied. "Do you remember when Cisco was sick a few days ago, I think Y/N might have the same thing, but how is that possible with her superspeed healing?" Barry asked.

"Well, Cisco had the flu, and with her very recent blood donation, it is very possible that her white blood cell counts are down, including her immune system, so her being sick would actually be normal. If it is the flu, just some soup and a caring husband should do, for now, I'll take a proper look at her in the morning, okay?"

"Yeah, thank you, Caitlin," Barry said before hanging up.

"What was that?" Y/N asked as Barry came back and sat next to her.

"Caitlin and I both think that you have the flu," Barry said rubbing her arm.

"I blame Cisco for this," Y/N groaned as she rolled over onto her back. 

"Maybe this is why you've been so tired and groggy today," Barry said.

"I thought I was supposed to heal at super speeds," Y/N whined.

"Well, Cait and I both think that with your very recent blood donation, it is very possible that your white blood cell counts are down, including your immune system, so you being sick would actually be normal," Barry explained.

"I envy you and your inability to get sick right now," she pouted. "I feel terrible..."

"I know baby, I know," Barry said standing up and moving her under the covers, giving her his pillow so that she could have two to be as comfortable as possible. "Are you comfy?" he asked sitting down next to her and checking her fever again.

"I'm not gonna lie Barry, your chest is a lot comfier than these pillows...just saying..."

"Okay," Barry said surrendering, "Come here," he said opening his arms and laying down. Y/N gladly took the invitation and cuddled herself into his warmth, her head nuzzled neatly under his chin, his arms snug around her waist, and hers around his, thumbs tracing patterns on his hip as she slowly drifted into a deep sleep.