Chapter 7

Caitlin and Julian were able to patch up both Y/N and Barry. The alien weapons were taken and locked away very safely far off. Y/N was stabilized just before Barry; however, both of them were still unconscious. Nothing major had happened in the city that CCPD or Vibe couldn't handle.

About two days after the attack Barry woke up. At first, his eyes hurt from the bright lights shining down on him, but once he adjusted he looked around the room. He saw Joe in a chair asleep directly in front of him, but to his left, he saw Y/N. She laid in a bed across from him, she was still asleep, her face pale, Barry wanted nothing more than to feel the warmth of her hand in his.

His thoughts were interrupted by both Caitlin and Julian entering the room, they immediately examined Barry's leg and began asking multiple questions as to how he was feeling.

"I'm fine," he repeated several times before they stopped asking. Barry asked about Y/N's condition, Cisco explained that she was simply in a coma and that it shouldn't last much longer just a few more days. Barry swung his legs over the edge of the bed after Caitlin and Julian left, he was about the stand up when Cisco and Joe stood in his path.

"Take it easy, we still don't know the full extent of the damage in your leg," Cisco said pushing Barry back into the bed.

"Just rest for now," Joe added.

Barry pushed past them and limped over to Y/N, he sat on the bed next to where her body lay. He slowly reached for her hand, his thumb gently tracing back and forth against her hand. Cisco saw what Barry was doing, he walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay Barry, she's okay," Cisco reassured.

"I know, but I'm still worried about her. Probably makes me sound paranoid huh?" Barry joked.

Joe shook his head, "It makes you human," Joe replied.

"No," Cisco said shaking his head, "That's love."

A few hours later:

Joe came back to S.T.A.R. Labs to see Barry still with Y/N.

"Barr," he said entering the room. "Maybe you should go home, get some rest," Joe suggested.

Barry shook his head, "She is my home..."

About a day later Barry had fully recovered, Y/N, on the other hand, remained in a coma. Barry checked on her constantly, he never wanted to leave her side unless it was absolutely necessary. After returning from his most recent mission he walked into the Cortex and saw Y/N sitting up, Caitlin and Julian by her side.

He walked into the room, as he did so Y/N's smile lit up the room. Barry walked up to her and held her in his arms for a moment before speaking.

"You know this is becoming a common occurrence for us," Barry chuckled.

Y/N looked confused, "What is?" she asked.

"Always being hurt, and then waking up in each other's arms," he said looking down into her eyes.

"Well, if it's all the same to you. I don't mind waking up in your arms," Y/N replied. "Why don't you go home and I'll meet you there," Y/N offered.

"Funny thing, you know someone once asked me to describe home, and I started talking about you, your hair color, and the sound of your voice, and the taste of your lips, and what your skin feels like. Until I realized that they had expected to hear a place," Barry said.

"Aww, I told you they were perfect. And you thought it wouldn't last," Cisco chuckled lightly punching Caitlin in the arm. Barry smirked before tenderly kissing Y/N, and then leaving her with Caitlin and Julian for them to make sure she was okay.

Later that night Y/N and Barry were both back at their apartment and asleep upstairs when Barry heard a loud crash downstairs. Barry woke up almost immediately at the sound, he checked to make sure Y/N was still next to him, he sighed in relief at the sight of her still asleep. He slowly crept out of the bedroom and downstairs to assess the noise.

He rounded the corner and saw Y/N's doppelganger standing in the middle of the dining room.

"Barry Allen, the man out of time," she snickered.

"Y/N, I don't want to hurt you, we can help you...you just have to let us," Barry said taking a few slow steps towards her.

"What? Like you helped your mother," she snapped back. Barry stopped for a moment, Y/N smirked at the pain that her words had caused him. "Like how you saved Iris?"

"You can't help me, I let the darkness consume me, I'm not like your Y/N that's asleep upstairs...I'm broken," she said.

"How do you do it?" Barry asked tilting his head at her.

"Do what?" she asked taking a few steps back from Barry.

"Live with yourself. Knowing all the bad things you've done."

"Well, you just tell yourself you did the right thing. And if you say it often enough, one day you might actually believe it," she replied.

"Y/N, please. You of all people should know what darkness can do to a person," Barry said. He just had to get through to her, he knew that the real Y/N was still in there somewhere, he just had to find her.

"Me of all people?" Y/N said sounding offended.

"I didn't mean it like that, Y/N," Barry said walking towards her, he didn't mean to hurt her.

"I think that's exactly how you meant it," Y/N said before racing out of the apartment, Barry knew there was no point in chasing her. He stood there for a moment feeling defeated, he turned at the sound of footsteps coming downstairs.

"Barry? What are you doing down here this late?" Y/N asked as she walked towards him still half asleep.

Barry struggled to find the right words, "Your doppelganger, she was here, I was trying to get through to her," he said.

Y/N took a few steps towards Barry and put her hands on his shoulders, "You can't get through to her Barry, some people don't want to be helped...and there is nothing that you can do about that," Y/N said bringing Barry back into reality and snapping him out of his thoughts.

"I guess you're right," Barry said sounding defeated.

"I'm always right," Y/N chuckled trying to lift Barry's spirits. Barry smiled before pulling Y/N close to him.