New Beginnings

Rose pov*

I was sitting down at the table tapping my fingers and hands nervously on the table as I waited for the girls to show up. I kept checking the time then went to looking over the menu ...I looked up when I heard chairs scooting from the table and I looked to see Diamond, Susan, and Pearl giving me a glare sitting down. I tried to give a warm smile but they just looked at me. "Hey guys...how you been?" I asked trying to relieve the tension between us "fine. how have you been is the real question." "I am okay.." "so what are we here for cut the bull" Susan spoke "Ok listen I know you guys are probably angry with me..think im a complete bitch" "oh yeah ...you dropped us like a bad habit like you were so much better than us" "I invited you guys here because I wanted to apologize and clear the air before I left..I don't wanna leave  on bad terms and I wish I could undo what I did but I can't I am sorry I was an asshole and let things go to my head I am sorry I  got blinded by fame and power and my own vision you guys didn't deserve that and our friendship has so much value I don't want to loose that." Pearl sighed "I forgiveee you rose!" "me too!" diamond added in..I looked over at Susan who had her arms crossed with a straight face as she slowly gave in cracking a smile "why the hell not" I put my arms out and they got up and I got up hugging them "OH MY GOD SHE'S PREG--!!!" Diamond almost blurted out but I covered her mouth sitting back down they all had happy looks on their face like little squeamish kids who can't keep a secret "shut your mouth! nobody is to know about this...not even Prince" "it's his?!?" "who else is it gonna be Diamond!" "right right..but you two were so happy..and good together"  I shrugged "well he's made his choice....and I've made mine it's best that way maybe he will find out one day who knows but it's just best for me to just go" "what where are you going??" "I am going back to Georgia to meet my brother..it's gonna be perfect new beginnings for me..and my baby.." "We are going to miss you.." "I know I will miss you guys too but you can always come visit and when the baby is born your the first to call.." "are you having a boy or girl" "I am keeping  it a surprise until the baby arrives..but I am serious...nobody knows" "we promise"  "Okay now.." We ate lunch and laughed catching up on everything and all the crazy stuff that had been happening on tour and with fans and so on it felt really good catching up with them "So what's next for Cherry or excuse me Rose?" "I don't know just new beginnings..new music. new baby" 

-----------------------------------next day--------

It was my last day here officially and Carmen, my grandma, and the girls were all helping me and the movers move stuff into the truck "Ro will you just sit down you don't need to be moving anything" "I am pregnant not handicapped okay moving a few bags will not hurt me" "yes but you heard what the doctor said and look your stomach is getting bigger we don't need you slipping and falling and did you take your medicine?!" Carmen said "Im on it.." I got up going to the kitchen in pain I leaned on to the counter waiting for it to stop this pregnancy was really doing a number on my body it is crazy what women go through just to have a baby...but this pain was too unbearable. I sat back up going into the cabinet taking my prenatal and other things necessary to take. I waddled back over to the couch kicking my feet up seeing what was on tv. 

"what seems to be here is that Prince and Rose really have officially ended things

"what seems to be here is that Prince and Rose really have officially ended things...Prince and his what looks to be another new girlfriend were spotted out in public earlier today having a great time looks like Prince wasted no time with new beginnings." my grandma came over cutting the tv off...I stared blankly into space...out of all the people her what did I do wrong? what didn't I do right? all these thoughts ran through my head ..my grandma sat next to me and put her arm around my shoulder "Rose..sweetie...it's not your fault you were good enough" "everything was so...perfect then it just in one split second all that changed" I shook my head thinking what we had and could've had.."Just think of it as the best thing you never had..you dodged a bullet now your only focus is you and this baby" I smiled and she hugged me..I was so happy with her being in my life these past few days "You know what grandma...I think you just inspired my next song".

I got off the couch so they could move it and the last little bit of stuff I did one last walk around the house and took a deep breath before getting my last bag and coat leaving out towards the front. The truck was closed and they started driving off "I will be in the car" my grandma said taking my bag for me I turned towards my friends sticking my arms out and hugging them one last time..they kissed my belly and a tear fell from my face I was gonna miss these girls.."oh wait Rose we all decided to give you a ...parting gift" "you guyss.." they handed me a giant bag and I looked inside seeing a gift basket with treats, stuff for the baby, and some other cute things. "thank you so much! I promise this isn't goodbye I gotta get going now." "I will visit you as soon as possible take care of yourself" Carmen said Carmen was like my family she was the only person that I had who ever showed they cared. I turned away wiping my tears and getting into the front seat of the car waving goodbye out the window..

---------------------------------