Blessings

Rose pov*

I woke up hearing the monitor beep I jumped up when I saw a giant man over my bed "AHH who are you?" "I'm Mr. Nelson's body guard..your very lucky we found you last night pretty beat up and he called for an ambulance ill send your friend in now" I sat up "But wait--can I say thank you to him at least" "Oh no he isn't available right now but  he left flowers for you and wishes you a fast recovery." he started to walk out but paused "you shall see him again soon" he left out and the door busted open and Carmen came running in hugging me "oh my little one are you ok" "Yeah C im fine.." "oh I should've drove you home" No no it's not your fault I should've been more aware" she came and sat on the bed "soooo what's it feel like being rescued by Prince." "oh goodness here we go" "come on Ro that says something..?!?" "No it doesn't if I found a stripper in the alley or anyone for that matter id help them too" "Okay whatever look doc says your fine to go home tonight so relax and energize up so I can get you home." "thanks".. Carmen took me home later that night I was a little bruised but i'd be ok I filed a police report I couldn't believe someone could do this apparently these guys are known for going around attacking vulnerable women and taking their money..I shook ny head thinking about what happenedtake my money yeah but beat me till I'm damn near dead?!? I just wanted my money back.  I went to take a shower wash my hair ..i put on an oversized t shirt put on some nice soothing music singing along and laid down..i looked over at the pretty purple flowers prince sent me and thought about going to those auditions and before you know it I was sound asleep.

-------------------------------Next morning-----

I woke and stretched still in a bit of pain but that wasn't gonna stop me I washed up and put on my spandex shorts and sports bra with a hoodie over it and grabbed my dance shoes and a hair tie. I grabbed my headphones the dance studio wasn't too far from me So I could walk. Once I arrived I plugged up my phone in and started stretching I looked in the mirror and started dancing getting lost in the music I could do this for hours and hours and hours..and I did whew I stopped as I was sweating I went to get my water bottle when I heard a voice that startled me "Hey stranger" I cut the music off grabbing my stuff and walking away "starting to think your stalking me how'd you know I was here.."  "I have my ways baby girl...anddd because my back up dancers rehearse here as well as I do I heard the music from down the hall followed it and here you are so maybe it was meant for us to meet" " I don't have time for this" I started to walk away but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back ..geez little man much power "don't walk away from me" "and don't call me baby" "I call you what I want" I crossed my arms and took a deep breath i was frustrated but something about him it's like he gets you under a spell you wanna walk away but can't "I just wanna know--" "come to my auditions and ill answer all your questions.." we both looked at each other "Look the other night in the club was not what you thought ok I wasn't checking for you that way although it was amazing..I mean it's not real dancing but i saw through it I..*sighs* just come to the auditions alright do you promise?" "I don't make promises I cant keep..but I do have a question for you "  he started to back away slowly "like I said come for me..to the audition that is and ill answer all your questions" "Prince are you coming back?!" a brown Indian looking girl called out down the hall he winked at me and with that he turned off and disappeared  so damn mysterious i chuckled rolling my eyes and turned away  today was Friday and every Friday night there's this open mic at a cafe it's one of my favorite ways to relieve stress where I can practice my music and poetry or say whatever. I went back home and changed took a shower and put on my oversized knitted sweater with jeans and cute booties I got my guitar and song book hopped in a  cab and off I went.

When I arrived I sat at a table and ordered a tall cup of coffee the usual....I crossed my legs looking at the other people on stage..such beautiful poems and songs ..so many artist it was amazing "Ok and next up on stage we have one my favorites the beautiful Miss. Rose" people snapped and cheered as I smiled and got up with my guitar and walked towards the stage "Hey everybody been a minute since I sang a song so that's what i'm gone do I didn't write this but this is how I been feeling lately...and i began to sing the truth by india arie and play my guitar"

I finished the song and everybody cheered and snapped "thank you!" I got up and left off stage and went back to my seat "Mind if I sit across from you" I looked up from my phone to see a dark skinned man handsome as ever "Im Aidan

I finished the song and everybody cheered and snapped "thank you!" I got up and left off stage and went back to my seat "Mind if I sit across from you" I looked up from my phone to see a dark skinned man handsome as ever "Im Aidan." "Uh hey have a seat.." "That was amazing what you did" "thank you so much!" "beautiful voice..and girl.so wheres the lucky guy?" "I'm sorry?" "you must have a boyfriend?" "Oh no actually um I'm single kinda dealt with a bad break up not too long ago taking things slow" "same i feel you it's hard finding that one" "So where did you learn to play like that" "Well i started when I was about 8 and it just stuck with me I guess.." "You play anything else." "a bit of piano...and I dance so I mean that's about it" "that's amazing I wish I could do those things.." "So what about you your asking me all these questions whats up with you" "Well I'm a photographer and uhh that's about it pretty boring" "no no it's not I love any form of art" we smiled at each other "so could I get your number?" I nodded my head..and there was the start of something new with Aidan. We had coffee and talked all night and went on a walk it felt nice to have his company and energy around me.

-------------------------------------------------

I had an early shift of work today and I was finally healed a lot better than before so i guess I was back on track getting my money there were two weeks left until the auditions and I started to take it in consideration of course with Carmen being on my ass about it I guess I had no choice but to or else id be hearing about how I messed up my life by missing this opportunity until she was dead.