Music In The Air

---------Prince pov at rehearsals*----------------

So today was gonna be a quick short rehearsal because we had the awards tonight and we just needed to go over a few songs for the performance..not only that but I was gonna be ending everything with Mayte and I was filled with joy to get her out our lives so Rose could stop stressing out. I wouldn't be surprised if her dad didn't break the news to her already.

"Alright wendy and lisa let's take it from that middle spot, John I want you to come in on drums on beat 8, and back up dancers im gonna need you to pick it up because yall mess up tonight that's coming out your checks! now let's try that"

Speaking of drummers I had to of course find a new drummer on the spot considering what happened between Marcus and I we haven't talked since and I don't have time for it I had a show to put on and if he want's to let his ego get in the way who ne...

Speaking of drummers I had to of course find a new drummer on the spot considering what happened between Marcus and I we haven't talked since and I don't have time for it I had a show to put on and if he want's to let his ego get in the way who needs him he can go with the rest who've walked out. "Alright good job today guys see you tonight" we finished wrapping up rehearsals and we had to get back to the hotel and get ourselves prepared for tonight. Mayte stayed on stage going over some steps. I waited for everybody to clear out when I walked tothe edge of the stage watching her..

"Don't you miss when I dance for you" she started belly dancing but I frowned up at her shaking my head her ship has sailed long ago. Her sneaky manipulative ways were no longer working at this point she was just playing herself.

"Just stop and come sit here" I pointed towards the edge of the stage and she stopped and began walking over sitting down "i'm so ready for tonight you know your gonna win that award tonight

"Just stop and come sit here" I pointed towards the edge of the stage and she stopped and began walking over sitting down "i'm so ready for tonight you know your gonna win that award tonight...and remember we have to get many pictures on the red carpet and answer questions im so excited to be the leading lady on your arm tonight maybe this can reconnec---" "let me stop you right there...now about all that" "what?" "you..keep your lying ass off my stage and leave my woman alone were done the deal is done everything is over move on!" I dropped the papers in front of your face and her jaw droppe"aww daddy didn't tell you???" "YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" "according to my lawyers I CAN!" "You are such a horrible person you left me alone through everything you were mean to me and unfaithful!" "I was unfaithful I WAS IN LOVE WITH YOU AT FIRST TILL YOU TRIED TO PLAY ME THE RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN DONE BUT WE HAD A CONTRACT" "so that's it..that's all you can say" I shrugged "all I can say is a person trying to play me plays themselves"