Darkness.

Taehyung was watching the city through the dirty window glass. It was raining outside, so the whole world seemed gray that day. Heavy clouds covered the sky, rain was pouring hard, and people outside were rushing somewhere. He was lost in his thoughts, but a loud notification on his laptop brought him back to reality. It was email from the university, his exams results... He didn't want to open it because he knew what was waiting there. But he still decided to read the email, and, without any surprise, here they were... His results.

He closed down his computer and threw it on his bed. Tae quickly ran downstairs, grabbed his leather jacket and went outside. Jin was about to ask him to buy some strawberries for the cake he was making, but Taehyung didn't even let him finish the sentence and loudly slammed the door after himself. Jin was shocked, it was a long time since he had seen Tae being really mad, and what's worse, this time he didn't know the reason behind it.

Jennie was quietly drinking her tea and messing around with Jin's cake, when everything happened. She was shocked, too, but she was also extremely worried for Tae. Her heart started beating fast because she was scared that something bad had happened to him. All her emotions were written on her face, so when Jin looked at her, without any hesitation he told her: "Go." Jennie automatically grabbed someone's black bomber jacket hanging in the closet and ran outside as quickly as possible to not to lose Taehyung out of sight.

Tae was walking down the streets, his hair and his clothes were soaking wet because of the stupid rain, but he couldn't care less, he just wanted to escape somewhere. He often wanted to escape from his home and go late partying, he wanted to escape from his university, where professors were teaching him some useless stuff, and go read tons of books in the library. Whenever he wanted to escape from somewhere, he at least knew where he wanted to go, but not this time, this time was different...

He didn't know where he wanted to go, not because he was uncertain about which place to choose, but because he wasn't sure if the place like this even existed. The place where he wouldn't feel stressed or sad, the place where he wouldn't have to rush anywhere, the place where he could be simply happy, like a happy island that would distract him from all the horrors of this world and give him power and energy to go on.

He had been going through so much stuff these past months: he was worried a lot about Suga and his depression, he started realizing how much he loved Jennie and how hard it was to see someone you love suffering, but he also realized that because he cared so much about the others, he forgot about his own life, which now was going nowhere.

He failed all of his exams, he was about to be kicked out from his university, and only God knows what kind of abyss he was moving towards, if he wouldn't start taking care of himself. But what was making everything even worse, like always, were his own thoughts, which he never had control of. Whenever he failed, forgot or couldn't keep up with something, his negative thoughts would start to entwine his mind and keep telling him that he was not good enough and he would never be. No matter how hard he tried, Taehyung could never escape from them. But he wanted to do it so bad...

Tae got so lost in his thoughts again that he didn't realize that rain stopped pouring, that he was now in the old part of the city, where he used to live when he was a kid, and that Jennie was following him all the time in the pouring rain, without any second thought of turning back. He sat on the old yellow bench that was wet from the rain and dropped his head back. His eyes were closed, his face was covered with rain drops falling down from his hair, and he finally felt relaxed. But then he felt a sudden cold touch on his hand.

Taehyung quickly turned his head to the left and then he saw her... Jennie was soaking wet from the rain too, her puffy lips turned blue because it was pretty chilly, and her hands were slightly trembling. All his previous thoughts disappeared in a moment, and now she was the only thing in his mind.