My favorite red toy car.

The next morning, Jin as usually woke up early just to cook breakfast for the others. It was Sunday, and he knew that guys didn't have any plans for today, so he wanted to cheer them up, especially after the last night. He quietly went to the bathroom because Jimin was still sleeping in another bed. After brushing his teeth, Jin went downstairs to the kitchen. He opened the fridge to get some milk, but his eyes widened after her saw that it's literally empty. Just a few bottles of beer, zucchini and some salad leftovers from two days ago.

"Yaah, these kids!!! They always stay up all night and eat everything they see!! Gosh..." he mumbled and closed the door. When he turned around he saw Jennie sitting on the chair and eating an apple.

"Yaaaaah!" he screamed. "Why do u have to scare me like this?! Didn't your parents tell you it's not good to scare the elders?" he asked her, but his heart kept beating like crazy because of the sudden surprise.

"I was here first! It's u who didn't notice me," she mumbled.

"Don't talk with ur mouth full!" Jin told her in his mom's manner. He looked at her again. She was wearing a huge fluffy pajama sweater and shorts with tiny dinosaurs. She didn't wear any make-up, but still looked like a cute little puppy.

"Are you hungry?" he asked. She nodded and pouted her lips.

"Okay then, what if I buy u an ice-cream, and u'll help me with grocery shopping, in return?" Jin made a suggestion.

"Chocolate chip cookie flavored one?" Jennie asked instead.

"Fine, I'm not sure where we will find it, but..."

"Okay!!" she exclaimed interrupting him. "I'll be down in 5 mins, I'll just change my clothes."

Five minutes later he was already standing near the gates when he saw Jennie coming. Surprisingly, she was pretty fast, even though he's sure she wouldn't make it on time cause that's what girls do. They ask you to meet them at 7 and then take 30 more minutes to find the matching shoes.

"Do u have any idea where can we find a chocolate chip cookie ice-cream at 8 am?" he asked after he realized they didn't know where they were going.

"Nope," Jennie answered guiltily.

"I knew it! Let's go buy groceries first then," he said, and she nodded instead of replying. They entered the supermarket when she randomly asked him:

"Jin oppa, can I seat in a cart?"

"U sure it won't break? I don't wanna pay the fine," he replied jokingly. It made her smile a little bit before she said:

"Yah, I'm not that heavy!"

"Sure! Jungkookie used to say the same thing, until one day when the cart couldn't bear his fat any more and collapsed right in front of the cashier... That lady still laughs whenever she sees me around," Jin shared with her, and Jennie couldn't take it anymore and started to laugh. By looking at her, Jin started to chuckle too because he couldn't believe that someone finally appreciated his funny story.

As soon as Jennie sat in the cart, they started exploring the supermarket together. Jin quickly filled the cart with a whole bunch of random stuff and food, which made Jennie surprised.

"Why did u take 10 packs of seaweed chips?" she asked him confused.

"Oh, these ones are Jungkook's favorites, he can eat it all in one day" he replied while looking for some cereals.

"Okay, how about this? Do you like chicken breasts? Why did u put so many of them here? They make my legs freeze," she whined.

"They are good sources of protein. J-hope and Jimin are working really hard these days, they are preparing for audition, so they want to keep their bodies in the best shape. But I don't wanna them starve to death and go underweight. That's why I'm gonna sacrifice these chicken lives for them. In fact, they are dead already, so it doesn't really matter for them," he told her still looking for the cereals.

"How do u know all this stuff?" she asked him curiously.

"One time, your brother got a really strong food poisoning because of the meat I cooked for him. Since then, I pick food more carefully and sometimes read health articles. You know why my skin looks so flawless? Cucumber masks! they are life savers, you should try," he told her trying to forget about the guilt he felt for Yoongi.

"You are not funny, u know?" she pretended to be offended. When Jin stopped the cart and went in front of her to grab some milk, she asked him a question.

"So is there anything in this cart you picked just for yourself ?" she was holding two packs of whole-grained toasts and staring at him.

"Ani, I just enjoy the food they love, I'm not picky," he answered and continued checking milk barcodes.

"There should be something that only you like. Don't cook everything just for them. You should care about yourself, too," she advised him and looked away. Jin realized that mb she wasn't talking about food only, mb she wasn't talking about food at all. He already knew that she had lots of hidden talents.

"Spicy tuna with salty crackers," he replied then. Jennie looked amazed, she didn't expect him actually answering her question.

"I'll be back in 5 minutes," she just said and jumped out of the cart.

They payed for everything at the cashier and went back with hands full of grocery bags.

"Yah, it's almost 10, Ben and Jerry's near our house must be already opened. Let's go check?"

"Of course, you promised me!" she yelled with a kid's excitement.

Luckily, it was opened, and they had her favorite flavor there. He bought her 2 balls of ice-cream and ordered a strawberry shake for himself. Jennie found a table near the window and they enjoyed their desserts while having a small talk.

"Suga used to always buy it for me when we were out in the city," she randomly started still looking at the window. "I know, he told you guys about what happened that day," Jin felt like something got stuck inside his throat, he couldn't say a word. "I heard some stuff from the upstairs when I was awake," she continued. "So what do u think about me, Jin oppa?" she asked him without turning her eyes towards him. Jin was silent for a moment, but then he told her:

"When I was a kid, my dad bought me a red toy car, it was the coolest and fastest toy car, at least for me... I was always carrying it everywhere around, in school, at home, when I was out with my friends. But, one day, I dropped it from the stairs, and it fell from the second floor. Windows got shattered, paint cracked somewhere, and I couldn't find one of the wheels. I was really sad this day, and my dad saw it. He bought me another toy car and told me to throw the old one away. But it didn't matter for me if it's broken, cause I really loved this car, and I'm still keeping it in my old house," he finished with a tiny smile appeared on his face.

"Why would you keep a broken toy?" she asked him quietly.

"It doesn't matter for me if it's broken or not. I just love that toy," he answered her and finished his milkshake. "We should go back home, these lazy asses will be awake pretty soon, I don't wanna them freak out because of empty fridge and your sudden disappearance," Jin stood up and took his grocery bags with a smile. Jennie followed him.

The rest of the way home they spent in silence, quietly enjoying the warm morning and each other's company. When they were just a few minutes away from their home, Jennie randomly spoke:

"Jin oppa... But not all of the kids like keeping broken toys, isn't it easier to just get rid of them?"

Jin kept going forward, but then he hugged her shoulder with his free hand.

"It is, from a practical point of view," he paused, " but if you love them, nothing else matters, Jennie," he told her and carefully patted her head.