Flowers and Skulls: Chapter 47

Julie sat on Roxy's lap as they watched the stars light up the night time sky of the city from the small loft.

"Cutie lets take a walk." Roxy said calmly as she stared at the night-time sky.

"But Roxy you can't leave the house, the cops are still looking for you." Julie reminded her.

"I'll be fine cutie I'll just put my hood on." Roxy assured her as she kissed Julie's lips.

"What about me?" Julie asked as she stared into Roxy's eyes. Roxy scooted Julie off her lap gently and walked towards her black backpack that was on the hardwood floor. After a few minutes of searching she pulled out a black hoodie and a pair of black sweatpants.

"Here you go." Roxy laughed as she handed Julie the outfit.

"What's this?" Julie questioned as she took the clothes suspiciously.

"Haha I packed them for you..I knew that you would need a disguise that is different from your usual pink and girly attire." Roxy explained as she stared at Julie's small and petite body.

"What do you mean girly?" Julie questioned with a pout.

"Haha your like a fricken barbie doll anyone could spot you from over a mile away." Roxy laughed as she reached down to give Julie a kiss.

"I'm not that innocent." Julie giggled as she began to blush.

"Neither is barbie now hurry up and get dressed." Roxy laughed.

Julie clutched Roxy's hand tightly as they walked down the cold dark streets of the city.

"Roxy i'm scared." Julie whimpered as they continued to walk through the city.

"Calm down I've been through here a thousand times before." Roxy assured her as she wrapped her arms around Julie's waist.

"When?" Julie questioned as she looked into Roxy's eyes.

"That's not important now I need to talk to you." Roxy pointed out as she calmly changed the subject.

"About what?" Julie asked nervously.

"Remember when I told you about sooner or later?" Roxy asked as she stared at the street ahead.

"Uh yeah..." Julie said with sorrow.

"Well sooner of later we are going to have to go back into town and face our fears...actually very, very soon." Roxy tried to explain.

"But-Roxy-I can't- I just-" Julie stuttered but her worries were silenced by Roxy's lips.

"Julie listen to me you are the strongest person I know, I have no doubt in my mind that you can not do this." Roxy spoke sternly and emotionally as she stared deeply into Julie's brown glistening chocolate eyes.

"Roxy I am not strong like you I can't do these things like you can...I'm weak." Julie replied hopelessly.

"Julie I am weak I've always covered up everything with either violence, drugs, or drinking but you, you Julie can handle every situation that life throws at you without giving in." Roxy finished emotionally as she pulled Julie into a warm hug.

"Wow I didn't know I was that strong." Julie giggled quietly.

"Of course you are, if you weren't I wouldn't want to marry you one day." Roxy laughed as she kissed Julie's cold lips.

"You wanna marry me?" Julie exclaimed happily as her brown eyes lit up as she began to jump up and down with joy.

"I never thought I would say this to anybody but yes I do want to marry you." Roxy laughed as she stopped Julie's jumping by giving her another hug.

"Yay Im so happy!" Julie screeched as she buried her head into Roxy's hug.

"Shh and you have to promise me that on Monday you will back to school with me." Roxy said calmly as she tried to reason with her.

"Of course I'll go back!" Julie giggled happily as she changed her mind without even a second of thought.

"Good now lets head back before it gets too late." Roxy took the now bubbly Julie's hand and they walked slowly back to the loft knowing the true test of their love had yet to come.