Flowers and Skulls: Chapter 4 *edited*

It was twelve in the morning and Julie was still wide awake. Her stomach had been doing flip flops all night making it impossible to sleep. Thoughts began racing through her head as she examined the flower on her wrist that had slowly started to fade from the rain and the shower she had taken. I think I love her. Does she love me? How could I possibly love her? I met her barely twelve hours ago How did she know? Is this a phase? Will we have sex? What will my friend's think? What will my mom think?

Then suddenly Julie realized her mom hadn't come home yet. Suddenly Julie got a text it was from her mom that read: I won’t be home tonight I’m sorry honey.

It was Friday and when Julie's mom said that she wouldn't be home that usually meant she was spending the night at someone else’s house and wouldn't be home till Sunday. Julie's parents had divorced when she was very young, she was so young in fact that the only experience she ever had with her mom and dad together was making a snowman on Christmas. Julie and her father were never that close, she could even remember the last time they talked. Ever since the divorce it always seemed like her mother was never home, and when she was home she just slept all day.

She replied to her mother's text with a simple "Ugh". A minute later her phone began to buzz she expected it to be her mom or one of her friends but when she opened the phone it was a text from Roxy that read:” look out your window cutie. ”Surprised, Julie quickly ran her fingers through her golden strands and tried to straighten her pink pajamas. She took a deep breath then darted to the window and peered outside into the darkness. There standing under a tree with her black hoodie and skinny jeans was Roxy. 

"What are you doing down there!" Julie practically screamed. Butterflies began to fill her stomach just as they had did earlier.

"I wanted to see how you were doing, is this a bad time?" Roxy questioned. She prayed that Julie’s mother was not home.

"No come up,” Julie encouraged. Her heart began to race as she watched Roxy climb up the tree.

Roxy began climbing the tree up to Julie's room. It was like a cliché scene from a movie. When Roxy finally reached the window she effortlessly slid in and grabbed Julie’s waist planting a tender kiss on her crimson cheeks.

"Miss me?” Roxy flirted and eyed Julie up and down.

"Yeah, hehe,” Julie giggled. As much as she tried to slow her heart down, she couldn’t Roxy had her under a trance.

They stood there in silence for a few minutes then Roxy finally said 

"Hey umm Julie sorry I kind of rushed things a bit I mean if I freaked you out I'm sorry, but there's just something about you,” Roxy grinned. Julie knew that was one of the most overused lines in the book, but the way Roxy said it made it seem brand new.

"N-no it's fine," Julie assured. She wiggled her way out of Roxy’s hold then laid across her pink, silken bed.

"Well tell me about yourself a little bit, what are your hopes and dreams all that conversational shit?" Roxy began to pry. Roxy sniggered to herself then reached into her pocket and popped a piece of oddly colored gum.

"Well I'm 16, I'll be seventeen on Valentine's day, and I'm a cheerleader. That’s all I guess..." Julie finished shortly. She had a problem explaining herself to anyone.

"Well there has to be more, there's always more to people's lives than what they tell...but you don't have to tell me anything unless you want," Roxy comforted then laid across the other side of Julie’s bed.

"Oh...how did you know that I was a lesbian?" Julie demanded.  For some reason there was slight anger in her voice.

"I just knew...takes one to know one I guess," Roxy chuckled.  Roxy began to slip off her hoodie revealing a white wife beater with a lesbian symbol across.

"N-nice shirt," Julie complimented bashfully. Julie couldn’t help put stare at Roxy’s gorgeous body.

"Thank you...so um what else do you wanna talk about?” Roxy retorted trying to lessen the awkwardness.

“What flavor of gum was that?” Julie questioned suspiciously. She had been wondering about the odd little piece of gum since Roxy had first popped it.

“Nicorette, trying to quit smoking is beyond a bitch,” Roxy complained and stuck out her tongue revealing a grey blob and her tongue piercing.

“”Haha, I wouldn’t know,” Julie laughed nervously.

“Good, no one should ever stick those cancer sticks in their mouth. I mean if you’re gonna smoke something smoke weed. Way more benefits and it doesn’t have all those chemicals. Cigarettes taste disgusting too, no one wants to kiss you when it tastes like you just licked a fucking ashtray,” Roxy ranted angrily. Even though Roxy was serious Julie couldn’t help but burst into laughter.

“Sorry, I just hated smoking but I was addicted. Like right now I’m craving a box of Newports.” Roxy confessed then turned and faced Julie.

“You don’t say much. Usually people who don’t say much have the most interesting secrets,” Roxy declared. She was determined to find out more about Julie.

“My only secret is my sexuality…people tell me their secrets all the time though. I’m good at keeping them,” Julie smiled proudly. For some reason she loved being the safe for people’s secrets.

“Any secrets on the mega bitch lead cheerleader Crystal?” Roxy questioned. Crystal may have been the head cheerleader, but Julie was everyone’s favorite cheerleader at Fallenstone High.

“Well I’m not a big fan of Crystal so spilling her secrets won’t faze me much. She kissed a girl once,” Julie confessed. For some reason she got a thrill from spilling this to Roxy.

“Really now? Old homophobe Crystal smacked lips with a chick? Damn, and she won’t give my ass the time of day,” Roxy joked. Roxy was known for her flirtatious ways, but the comment didn’t bother Julie much.

“It was at a sleepover, she was in the mood I guess and planted one on Brittany. She threatened us all when she did it. She kept saying we were dead if we spilled the beans. Guess I’m dead,” Julie giggled.

“Judging by the way we kissed that was probably your first time kissing a girl,” Roxy commented. Roxy could always tell when it was a girl’s first lesbian kiss and she knew for certain it was Julie’s.

“Yeah, I’ve never done anything with a girl. I’ve never even cuddled a girl before,” Julie confessed shyly and stared at the bottom of the bed.

“Really? Come here,” Roxy invited and opened her arms welcoming Julie in.

“N-no, it’s fine,” Julie tried to explain, but Roxy scooted closer and embraced Julie gently. Julie’s body began to melt as Roxy held her.

“How’s it feel?” Roxy questioned. But it was too late, Julie was already fast asleep in her arms. Roxy smirked to herself and worries began to fill her. She was taking a risk, but she was Roxy Toga the infamous risk taker. She could care less. Or could she?