Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

"We're off" James and Remus stood in the kitchen door way, since I had just had my child, Sirius was allowed a few weeks off before returning.

"Be careful and we'll see you later" they nodded and left, Lily sat down and quietly sipped her coffee.

"Lily he'll be safe!" She nodded "I know Remus would never let anything happen, it just unnerves me anytime they leave" I nodded

Sirius smiled and down, Myla rested against his shoulder "I think she's sleeping?" I looked behind him and she was indeed napping.

"Want me to put her down in her basket?" He shook his head "she's fine laying there" I nodded and finished my tea.

"Sirius does the order keep in touch with you?" He nodded "of course" I sighed "how come I'm never notified?" He looked nervous.

"Well Albus thought it was best too keep everything on low since you were pregnant" I sighed "but I'm no longer pregnant?"

He nodded "I'm sure Albus will tell you more now then?" I rubbed my forehead.

"Are you okay with Myla? I'm going to shower and get dressed" he nodded "of course darling"

I smiled and kissed his cheek before gently kissing Myla's head.

Going upstairs and into our bedroom, I grabbed my towel and went into the bathroom.

After stripping off and climbing under the hot stream my muscles relaxed, I sighed happily.

"Space for one more?" I looked out of the glass to see Sirius smirking and I nodded "always dear, where's Myla?"

He smiled "Lily stole her" I nodded and Sirius climbed in, he began to rub my shoulders tenderly and I relaxed into him.

"We haven't been alone for months" I nodded "indeed" he pressed himself up against my back and grabbed the sponge before gently washing over my shoulders and neck.

"This is nice" I hummed "pass me the shampoo" I handed him the bottle and he began to softly wash my hair.

"I can do all this you know?" He smiled "you deserve some relaxation darling" I smiled and let him continue to rub the shampoo in, then I stepped under the shower head turning to face him.

He caught my lips in a heated kiss as I faced him, I kissed back with just as much fire.

"I love you Sirius" he smiled "I love you too Lyra"

We both tumbled out of the shower after an hour, giggly and thoroughly relaxed.

Wrapping up in our towels we laid on the bed In them "that was fun" I nodded in agreement, until I heard a high pitch scream.

My eyes widened and I threw on my clothes before darting downstairs.

Lily sat on the floor head in her hands, mum stood close by holding Myla "what's wrong" James and Remus looked rather upset too.

"James! Tell me what's wrong?!" He gulped "we found the McKinnon's" I step closer to him "they're okay right? Marlene's fine right?" He looked down and shook his head.

"Her and her family were slaughtered" I felt my breath catch in my throat and I hit the floor, tears streamed down my face.

I couldn't comprehend what had happened, how one of my best friends, she was dead, I only got a letter of her yesterday asking how Myla was doing.

"How?! She was going to visit soon, to see Myla! Now she'll never meet her!" I felt arms wrap around me and I knew they belonged to Sirius.

"She said she was safe!" A hoarse scream left my lips as I buried my head into the crook of Sirius' neck, he rubbed my back.

"Baby you've got to calm down, Myla will get upset" I nodded and wrapped my arms around him, he helped me off the floor and James tended too Lily.

I took a deep breath and looked at Myla, she was looking curiously confused about the whole situation around her.

"Come to Mummy" my mum passed me her "baby would you make her a bottle please" he nodded and wondered into the kitchen.

I sat down on the sofa and looked at Myla "you'll know everything about Auntie Marlene, if it wasn't for her, you wouldn't be here" Myla looked up at me with curiosity.