Chapter Thirty

Lyra's P.O.V

I groaned as I rolled over in bed, I smiled seeing Sirius soundly sleeping, today marks two weeks until my due date.

Me and Sirius had been married for four months, the best four months of my life, in those four months, we had decorated the nursery for the baby who could be here any time now.

"Sirius" I mumbled, his eyes opened "what's up darling?" I frowned "I need to pee, but I can't get up" he smiled and stretched before climbing out of bed.

He gently stood me up and walked me to the toilet before helping me sit down on the toilet. Once I'd done my business, he helped me back into bed.

"I'll send Lily up with food, I'm late for a mission" I nodded with a frown "okay babe"

He quickly got dressed and kissed my forehead before kissing the bump "be good for your mummy while I'm gone" I smiled softly before he left the room.

Soon enough Lily came up the stairs with a tray full of food "morning Lyra" I smiled "morning Lily"

She slid the overbed table closer to me and placed the food down "your mum made all sorts and told me you'd eat what you liked" I nodded.

She sat on the edge of the bed "You okay?" I shrugged and bit into some toast "I don't know, I've got a funny feeling about today"

She frowned and watched me carefully as I ate, after eating toast, pancakes, cereal and some apple slices she was happy with the amount I'd eaten.

I sipped the orange juice.

"What time do you think Sirius and James will be back?" She stood up to take the try "probably usual time around four" I nodded

"Need anything else?" I shook my head "could you send Remus up?" She nodded and wondered off back downstairs.

Sitting with my back against the pillows I rubbed the bottom of my stomach gently "you called Lyra"

I smiled seeing Remus "come sit down" I patted the side Sirius slept on and he sat down "what's up?" I frowned "I've just got a funny feeling about today and I can't think what it could be"

He frowned "maybe your just nervous with you being close to your due date" I nodded "maybe"

As we spoke, I laughed and cried, but most of all I just enjoyed the company of Remus, Lainey had gone into hiding with her family so he was well and truly missing her.

But hearing the smile in his voice as he talked fondly of the blonde girl gave me hope, hope that she would be safe until after this war.

"Remus could you help me up, I need the bathroom" he nodded and got off the bed walking around to my side.

As he stood me up we walked slowly to the bathroom when all of a sudden, there was a wetness between my legs and on the floor.

Looking down I blushed embarrassedly "oh I'm ever so sorry Remus" he shook his head with a smile "it's fine, let's get you in the bath"

I screamed as I felt a pain in my lower abdomen "shit, I don't think that was pee" Remus' eyes widened.

"THE BABY IS COMING!!"