Chapter Six.

Lyra's P.O.V

I woke up in a hot sweat and there was dry patches under my eyes were it looked like I'd been crying, climbing out of bed, I grabbed my clothes and towel before heading to the bathroom.

Letting my hair down I climbed inside and began my routine wash, I got out and wrapped a towel around my body. Standing in front of the mirror I brushed my teeth and frowned at my reflection, I moved and stood in front of the full body mirror, my legs were practically skin and bone.

Changing into my underwear I stood there and looked at my protruding ribs

Frowning I pulled my uniform on and left for breakfast, once in the hall all eyes were on me, I looked down at let my hair fall in my eyes

"You okay Lyra?" I shrugged and sat down, it was Friday so tomorrow I'd be going with Sirius to hogsmeade, placing a slice of toast on my plate I buttered it thinly and began to take little nibbles from it "Luna why aren't you eating properly" I looked up at Sirius and frowned "im eating what I can manage" I snapped and he looked taken back.

Throwing the slice down I left the great hall in a hurry, I had a good forty minutes before I had to be in History of magic.

I walked down to the black lake. "Lyra" I turned to see Sirius "what?!" He frowned "I'm scared for you" I shake my head "you shouldn't be, I'll be fine"

"Why aren't you eating?" I looked him in the eye "because I'm not pretty enough, I'm not skinny enough.." the last word came out as a whisper and he grabbed my face in his hands "you're perfect Luna" I pushed his hands off.

"I'm far from it, like I said Sirius I'll be fine" he grabbed my hand forcefully "I won't stand by and watch you starve yourself!" He shouted

"I'm far from it, like I said Sirius I'll be fine" he grabbed my hand forcefully "I won't stand by and watch you starve yourself!" He shouted. I flinched at the tone in his voice "go back to your perfect Girls Sirius" with that I stormed up to the castle.

I furiously wiped my under eyes before entering History Of Magic, sitting down next to Lily I laid my head on the desk facing the other way as Professor Binns rambled on.

Occasionally I'd sniffle as silent tears fell down my cheeks, once the lesson had finished I ran towards the library and found my hidden corner behind a bookcase with a little gap in, only one person New were this was and it was Remus.

Sitting on the window seat I let the tears fall freely "L-Lyra?" I didn't move as I heard the familiar voice of Remus, I flinched when his hand touched my shoulder "why won't you let me help you, you were one of my first friends, you like my little sister"

My breath caught "I'm too far in to be helped Moony" I looked over my shoulder at him sadly "I can help you, we all can, it's not just us that have noticed your drastic weight loss Luna" I looked up at him as he leaned against a book shelf.

"I will not stand around and watch you slowly fade away" his voice caught as he began to cry.

"I don't want to loose you Lyra" I stood up and hugged him "I just don't know what to do Remus, I just want to be perfect" he frowned down at me "you are perfect, your perfect in your own way from your wild brown hair to the way you run in a morni...

"I don't want to loose you Lyra" I stood up and hugged him "I just don't know what to do Remus, I just want to be perfect" he frowned down at me "you are perfect, your perfect in your own way from your wild brown hair to the way you run in a morning to greet me in the hall, we all love you so much and we don't want to loose you" I nodded as he pulled me closer again.

We left my hiding spot and went down to the hall for the last twenty minutes of dinner "Rose!" Sirius pulled me into a hug "I was so worried" I hugged him back and then we sat down, Remus sat next too me "baby steps" I nodded and put a fair amount of chips on my plate and sipped my first glass of pumpkin juice in way over a month.

Remus smiled as I slowly ate the food on my plate and Sirius smiled even brighter "right I have a free period, anyone else?" James nodded at Remus and so did Lainey and Sirius "Me too, shall we go down to the lake, it's a nice day?" They nodded and I grabbed an apple and we walked down.

Sirius picked me over his shoulder again "I swear to merlin, Padfoot stop or I'll start calling you snuffles"  he halted and set me on my feet "okayyy...no need to be hasty" I giggled and ran the rest of the way to the tree so I could sit under it.

Crossing my legs I smiled at the peacefulness of the lake, Sirius sat on my right and Remus on my left with Lainey sat in front of us with James.

"Isn't it surreal that we've only got just over two years left of here" they nodded "I'll miss it" I leaned back "we need to make the most of it" they all nodded again "so many adventures to have yet" I nodded and sighed as the cool breeze blew my hair.

"What's everyone's plans tomorrow?" Remus smiled "Me and Lainey are going to hogsmeade" Sirius smiled "me and Lyra are going too" James sighed "I'm literally going be alone all day" I frowned "still no luck with Lily?" He shook his head.

"Peter doesn't have anyone to go with, go with him and then me and Remus will meet up with you both?" James smiled and thanked them.

Sirius' P.O.V

It was killing me see Lyra damage herself in this way, in the space of a few months she changed drastically, her weight has dropped, her smile was faint and her eyes had lost their glimmer, I was genuinely scared for her. Watching as she laughed at what Remus was doing I smiled, it was the most genuine smile any of us had seen in weeks.

I hope we can help her eventually, I'd hate too loose her before I've even got her.