Chapter Seventeen

Lyra's P.O.V

It was slowly but surely getting closer and closer to Christmas, the grounds where covered in a thin layer of snow and it made the castle look even more magical.

Sitting in the window seat in the common room, I nursed a cup of hot chocolate in my hands and had a fluffy blanket draped around my legs.

I drew patterns in the steam on the window as I began to hear people wake up, I slowly sipped the hot drink when I heard someone walk in "morning kitten" looking up I smiled at Sirius "morning"

He sat by my feet "only a week, then Christmas break" I nodded "I'm looking forward to seeing my parents" he nodded and I finished my hot chocolate.

"So what's on the agenda for today? Hogsmeade?" I nodded "maybe this afternoon, this morning I want to run around in the snow"

Sirius laughed "well go get your winter clothes on and we'll go" I nodded and got up running up to the dorm to get changed.

I put my winter jacket on and wrapped a scarf around my neck loosely, slipping my feet in my knee high leather boots I smiled before grabbing my gloves.

Running down the stairs my brown curly hair bounced and Sirius stood waiting dressed in his winter attire.

"Ready?" I nodded and walked over to him before we walked out of the portrait hole.

Sirius' P.O.V

I smiled as Lyra ran around in the snow, little snow flakes landing in her hair, I smiled as she laid on the floor and made a snow angel, she giggled loudly.

She got up and smiled up at the sky and I smiled lifting her camera up taking a photo without her knowing.

Everything she did made me smile, so I had to capture it on camera, because for Christmas I plan on making a scrapbook of all our memories, I'd already started it

She looked at me and smiled mischievously, before I knew it a snowball hit me in my chest and she giggled loudly "oh it's on Gladstone" she grinned and began running as I made a snowball.

I stopped and threw it and it hit her in the back of her head. She laughed loudly and I smiled as she threw another one back.

I ran after her and caught her before spinning, we suddenly fell and landed in the snow.

We laughed loudly and I smiled looking into her eyes as she looked into mine.

She leaned forward and kissed the tip of my nose "your nose is cold" I laughed and we got up "do I have red Lipstick now on my nose?" She shook her head.

We then ran into the castle to warm up before we decided to go to Hogsmeade.

Sitting in front of the fire in the common room we dried off pretty quickly.

"So when's it happening?" Lily sat on my knee "when's what happening?"

"The wedding of course" she laughed and I shoved her off my knee with a blush "we all saw you two in the snow, when I say all, I mean the marauders too"

Sirius smiled sheepishly and I just laughed "can't a boy and girl have fun without it being all relationshippy?" Lily nodded.

"Yeah but not falling in the snow together and staring into each other's eyes for five minutes straight" I shook my head and stood up.

"Well, I'm off to hogsmeade, I fancy a hot butterbeer and a pumpkin pasty" Sirius nodded and got up as well "see you all later" they nodded.

We left the castle and began walking towards Hogsmeade "they're so annoying" Sirius nodded with a laugh "especially Lily she's trying to matchmake when in reality I can guarantee she likes James but won't admit it" Sirius nodded.

Once we go to hogsmeade we went to honeydukes and bought a pumpkin pasty each and then went to the three broomsticks for a hot butterbeer.

Sitting down next to the fireplace, we began to eat our pasties and drink our butterbeers.

"I seriously need to finish my Christmas shopping" Sirius smiled "I'm almost done with mine, I've got everyone's" I nodded "I've got Lily, Marlene and Remus to buy for, I think Remus I may just buy him all the chocolate in honeydukes" Sirius laughed.

"He does like that chocolate" I nodded sipping my drink "Marlene I might send her some new lipsticks and for Lily books" he nodded "seems you've got it sorted to me" I smiled.

We finished our drinks and stood up "shall we got get Remus' present and Lily's?" I nodded and we left the three broomsticks.

We first went too the book shop and I bought three books I knew Lily didn't have and then I went too honeydukes to get Remus a chocolate hamper.

Soon enough we returned to the castle, when I'd gone into the clothes shop I got a little carried away, instead of just buying Marlene's lipsticks, I ended up buying loads of clothes for myself.

But In my defence I got a really cute dress for Christmas Day.