Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Lyra's P.O.V

We had been back at school for a few days since my grandmas funeral, Sirius had still yet to leave my side, he was always on edge these days "Sirius?" He looked at me "yes dear?"

"How come your so on edge?" He shrugged "just incase anything happens, I don't want you hurt"

I nodded "were at school I don't think any harm will come to me here" he shrugged again "still.." I kissed his cheek and we wondered down to the black lake.

"Aren't you cold?" I shook my head "I don't seem to get cold anymore" he frowned "that's a lie, you were shivering last night"

I looked at him "that's because you kept putting your cold hands on my back" he laughed and we sat down underneath a tree.

I rested my head on his shoulder and he kissed the top of my head "I wish we could be like this forever" I nodded in agreement "so peaceful"

"Are you going to live with me when we leave?" Sirius smiled "if you want me too and if your parents let me" I smiled "my parents love you Sirius, mum keeps practically planning the wedding" he shook his head.

"I will marry you, before whatever is brewing kicks off" I grinned "you might want to make that soon then, I can feel it, the evil" he nodded.

"Would you say yes?" I looked at him in disbelief "would I say yes?" He nodded "of course I would, Sirius your the love of my life" his smile widened.

"I honestly hope we end up really happy together, married with kids" I smiled at him "we will get our happy ever after" with that said I gave him a gentle peck on the lips.

"I really fucking love you" I smiled up at him.

"Sirius I love you too, always" he smiled and pulled me close to him "we should get back to the castle, we have Transfiguration" I nodded and we both stood up

Walking back up to the castle, we smiled, wrapped in each other's arms, Sirius stopped and bent down "on you get" I grinned and climbed on his back before he stood up and began to walk again.

My arms draped loosely over his shoulders and his hands had a good grip on my thighs "Kitten, are you eating properly?" I nodded "yes why?"

"Your thighs are thinner then they used to be" I slapped the back of his head gently "don't make me self conscious" he shook his head "honestly, your thighs are thinner, so I have to watch you do everything now?" I frowned.

"Your with me when I eat, my appetite is the same" i heard him sigh "well why are you loosing weight, are you sick?" I shook my head "Sirius, i'm fine!" He didn't look convinced, i slid off his back and stood in front of him.

"Why don't you trust me?" He shook his head "i do trust you, i'm just worried" I frowned "I'm honestly fine Sirius, if I wasn't you'd be the first to know"

He nodded and I stood on my top toes pressing a soft kiss to his lips "i love you and I'd never lie to you, now let's get to lesson" he nodded and took my hand as we walked through the doors.

As we walked through the doors we were greeted by James and Remus "Transfiguration?" They nodded and we all walked together, once inside we sat down, I grabbed a piece of blank parchment and a quill.

"Want to sneak out tonight?" I whispered to Sirius and his eyebrow raised "of course, were we going too?" I shrugged "either by the black lake or room of requirement" he nodded "we can choose later" I nodded and we got on with our work.

Sighing I threw my head back "come on let's go get food" I looked at Sirius who was stood up with his hand held out "one sec" I packed away my stuff and then took his hand, he then proceeded to drag me from Transfiguration to the great hall for supper.

Sitting down Sirius wrapped one arm around my shoulder "I love you Lyra" I smiled and looked at him kissing his cheek "I love you too Sirius" he grinned and we began to eat "so did you choose?" I nodded "Black lake" he smiled.

"Why the black lake?" I smiled wider "the sky is supposed to be clear, I wanna look at the stars" his kissed my cheek again "I can show you my star" I nodded and we finished eating.

"What time do you want to head down?" I took his hand "at around ten?" He nodded "want me to borrow James' cloak?" I nodded "it'll stop us from getting caught" he smiled and we walked up to the common room.

Sirius sat down and pulled me into his lap, I squeaked and looked at him, to receive a massive smile "you're a menace Sirius Black" he grinned "maybe so, but you love this menace"

I shrugged "eh this menace is alright" he gasped "I'm hurt Lyra" I laughed and kissed his cheek "I love you" he smiled "I love you too" he wrapped his arms around me and I laid back into him.

He softly pulled his fingers through my brown tresses and I sighed happily, my eyes began to droop as he continued to do it, it was slowly lulling me to sleep.

"Lyra it's time" I opened my eyes and stood up with a stretch, James ran down and placed his cloak down "get on my back kitten" I climbed on his back and James threw the cloak over up.

"One less set of footsteps is less likely to get us caught" I nodded and he began to walk down to the black lake.

Once we'd escaped, barely making it past Filch, we shrugged the cloak off and sat down by the black lake, we both looked up at the stars "that one, there" I looked to were he was pointing "that's my star, Sirius" I smiled.

"It's very bright" he nodded and we began pointing out constellations we knew, Sirius of course knowing most since his family was named after a lot.

Soon enough it got cold and I was falling asleep, climbing on Sirius' back we got the cloak on and went back to the common room.

Sirius' P.O.V

Upon entering the common room, I felt the small amount of weight from Lyra getting heavier, signalling she had fallen asleep, smiling I took her up to my dorm and laid her into my bed, gently I took her shoes off and switched her clothes to one of my shirts.

Then I joined her in bed, smiling I took in her beauty, the smile on my face increased and I laid down covering us both up, she rolled on to her side and her left arm instinctively draped over my stomach her head resting on my shoulder.

Kissing her forehead softly I whispered "goodnight Luna"