Chapter Thirty-One

Lyra's P.O.V

Waking up to Myla crying made me smile in a way, her cry was like music to my ears, along with a quiet giggles, everything she did was perfect.

Climbing out of bed, I scooped her up "is someone hungry?" I cooed at her and she giggled in response "first I think you need changing"

Carrying her over to the changing table, I took out a nappy, wipes, baby powder and clothes for the day.

Changing her, I then put her in a onesie "mummy's little witch" I mumbled as I picked her up and rested her tiny head against my shoulder.

"Let's leave daddy too sleep in, you had him up at four this morning" I wondered downstairs with her and with a flick of my wand a bottle began to fill with the breast milk I had put in the fridge.

She didn't take to natural breast feeding, so I used to a pump, she needs all the nutrients she can get.

The bottle flew into the warmer and I sat at the table, crossing my legs over one another I rested my feet on the table before laying Myla in the dip.

She gurgled loudly as we waited, making the bottle fly into my hand, I tested the temperature on my wrist before placing the teat in her mouth.

She hungrily began to drink "awh was my liccle baba starving?!" I cooed, her eyes wandered around the kitchen.

"Morning honey" I smiled as dad walked in and fixed a coffee for himself "morning dad"

I looked back to Myla to see she had finished her bottle, placing the bottle on the table, I rested a cloth on my shoulder before lifting her up and gently patting her back to wind her.

After a successful and loud burp I laughed "that's my daughter" Sirius walked in and kissed Myla on her head before kissing my cheek.

"How was your sleep in?" He smiled "lovey, thank you darling" I smiled at him before laying Myla back on my legs.

She looked around curiously and made loud gurgling noises "morning!"

James walked in with Lily not far behind "it seems that our quiet morning has been disturbed baby" I cooed down at Myla and she stared up at me giggling.

Lily sat down beside me and looked down at Myla with a smile "I can't believe how gorgeous she is" I beamed proudly and Sirius piped in "what do you mean you can't 'believe'! Are you trying to say me and Lyra are ugly lilypad?"

Lily rolled her eyes "no that isn't what I mean, Lyra knows perfectly well I think she's gorgeous" Sirius gasped and placed a hand over his heart "I'm hurt"

I laughed "Oh has someone passed gas?" I laughed and lifted Myla up "seems your daughter has Sirius, daddy's turn to change you" Sirius gawked and then took her.

"Let's get you changed smelly, since mummy can't deal with your stink" Myla gargled in his arms and giggled.

I smiled and Lily placed a cup of coffee down in front of me and my dad placed a plate of toast "thank you!"

They both smiled and Sirius came back in shortly, Myla had a whole new onesie on "it was like someone had put a filibuster firework in there" I laughed and bit into my toast.