Chapter Three

Keep an open mind, it brings open hearts and open eyes
You walk around with your hands out, and I've never seen anyone so blind

Lyra's P.O.V

The Christmas holidays had come fast and I was currently sat in a compartment on the train with Lily and Lainey, we had become very close friends "hey girls!" Marlene sat down with a smile and we all passed each other our Christmas gifts "now no opening until Christmas Day and I expect letters over Christmas as well" we all nodded and smiled.

The situation with Sirius had just gotten harder, me and Remus were close though, we help each other with our homework in the library.

Soon enough the train came to a stop at Kings Cross and we all hugged goodbye, as soon as I got off the train I spotted my parents

I hugged my dad tightly as he crouched down, my eyes glistened with tears "I've missed you daddy" he rubbed my back and I looked over his shoulder to see Sirius getting a scolding from his mother and he looked like he was about to cry

I frowned and my dad grabbed my trunk and mum took my hand as we left the station to go home, getting into the car, I brought my knees up a smiled, home for a month, I've missed home.

As soon as I stepped foot in the house Silas our dog pounced on me "I've missed you Si!" Scratching behind his ears his tail wagged happily.

"So apart from your tiffs with the Black boy how is hogwarts going?" I smiled as I leaned against Dad "great, I've got top grades in all my subjects and Mcgonagall doesn't think I'll struggle whatsoever when it comes to my OWLS" mum grinned and handed me a cup of hot chocolate.

"We are so glad to hear" standing up abruptly I grabbed the gifts from my knapsack and placed them under the tree "who are they from?" I smiled "Lily, Lainey, Marlene and Remus" Dad's eyes sparkled at the name of a boy.

"And whom might Remus be?" I smiled and sat back down "he's a boy in my year, we study with each other, the only one of Sirius' friend group that I get along with" they nodded with a smile "seems like a nice boy" I nodded and sipped my hot chocolate.

{Skip to Christmas Day}

Running down the stairs I grinned as Mum and Dad sat by the fireplace "Merry Christmas Lyra" sitting by the tree, we gave out all the presents and I smiled at my pile "I'm going open my friends first so I can write them and thank them" my parents nodded and I opened Lily's first, it had a few muggle books in it and then Quidditch Through the ages, I grinned and opened Lainey's inside sat some sweets and clothes, Marlene's was next, she'd gotten me lots of sweets and some books by magical authors.

Lastly I opened Remus' inside sat The Weird Sisters record and chocolate, along with a small handmade bracelet. Fastening it I smiled at the little moon and sun charm.

After opening everything I began to write my friends thanking them with my brand new writing set, then I sent Hades with all of the letters.

After opening presents I helped mum make the Christmas dinner, once it was almost ready I ran upstairs and got changed into a nice red dress and black pumps, Grandma would be here soon with Uncle Marcus and Aunt Didyme.

As I came downstairs there stood Aunt Didyme with Uncle Marcus and in his arms laid a bundle, curiously I looked into his arms to see a baby "Meet your new cousin, Larkin" I smiled down at the baby "he's gorgeous!" They nodded and I leaned down kissing his forehead gently before whispering "I'll take good care of you Larkin" with that said mum called us for dinner.

Sitting down we all smiled and said a few words before digging into the lovely meal "I have to say that was gorgeous Athenodora" mum smiled "wouldn't have been half as good without Lyra" I smiled proudly.

After dinner I laid on the carpet in front of the fire reading and then after a while I don't remember anything so I must've fallen asleep.