Chapter Five.

This is not a place in my head
Reach out your hands and tell me just what you feel
This is not just all in your head
Mind over matter makes these things feel so real

Lyra's P.O.V

As the months moved by I became closer and closer to the marauders, soon enough I was like Remus' little sister since he was a few months older then me "Lyra?" I looked up seeing Sirius "yes Padfoot?" He smiled "I don't suppose you've done the potions homework have you?" I raised an eyebrow "oh does the all great and mighty Black need help?"

He smirked slightly "I do, please would you help me my Rose?" I laughed and handed him my parchment "do not copy it word for word" he nodded and kissed the top of my head "thanks freckles"

I frowned "what did you just call me?!" His eyes widened "I'm sorry! Old habits!" I raised an eyebrow "hmm" he grinned and walked over to his seat with the rest of the marauders. I got up and sat on Remus' knee "how are you?" He looked tired and he had dark circles around his eyes.

Which meant the moon was close, I was the first to find out "just feeling a little rough" I nodded and kissed the side of his head in a sisterly manner.

"Um Gladstone can I have a word?" I looked to Sirius and nodded before I followed him to the entrance to the common room.

"What's up?" He rubbed the back of his neck "I wanted to ask if you wanted to maybe accompany me to hogsmeade this Saturday?" I looked up at him shyly

"You want me? To come to hogsmeade with you?" He frowned "I mean I'd understand if you said no" I smiled softly "I'd love to" he smiled widely.

"Great I'll meet you down here at 10am on Saturday?" I nodded and we walked back to the others "I've got Transfiguration, anyone else?" Sirius and James nodded "coming then?" They stood up and we walked down together.

"So we still need to come up with a name for you Lyra" I frowned "excuse me?" Sirius laughed "your a marauder now Lyra, you need names like us you know Moony, Padfoot, Prongs, Wormtail?" I nodded in understanding "but I've not even changed into my animagus in front of you yet?" They smiled "exactly why we need to see you so we can give you a nickname"

"How about I show you all tonight?" They nodded eagerly we entered Transfiguration and i sat beside Lainey who was already there "I'll be out late tonight" I whispered to her and she raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

I shoved her and we began with the lesson.

"I can't believe you gave me a tail that wouldn't disappear" I giggled "I apologise, my Transfiguration skills are not the best" she laughed "you got that right" we headed down to the great hall for dinner when Sirius lifted me from the floor and ran off.

"Oi! Put me down! This instant!" I screamed, he laughed and I tried to cover my bum as much as possible "Sirius my skirts Riding up and everyone can see my ass!" He placed me on my feet "hey what can I say, it's a nice ass, thought I'd share it with hogwarts" I slapped his shoulder "you're impossible Sirius Black" he winked "don't you forget it"

Rolling my eyes I sat beside Remus "please try to eat Moony" he frowned "but I'm not hungry" I pouted "just a little bit, please, for me" he smiled a little and placed some chips onto his plate "better?" I nodded "better"

"So were meeting by the black lake at 11pm just as the teachers change shifts" I nodded and everyone smiled "sounds like a plan, but please don't be scared by my form" they nodded "we won't" I smiled.

After eating my usual amount we all went to the common room, Lily was sat by the fire "Hello Lilypad" she rolled her eyes "since Sirius and Lyra are going to hogsmeade together this weekend I thought we-" lily stood up "not a chance in hell Potter" with that she marched upstairs.

I laughed "why won't she love me?" I continued to laugh "because your a prat James" he frowned "not all the time" I nodded "but you've got to prove that too her James" he nodded and sat down "I just want her to give me one chance"

I looked at Sirius with a sad expression "I'm sure she'll come around eventually" he nodded and we looked at the clock "blimey we've got ten minutes to escape" we all got up and under James invisibility cloak.

"That was my foot Wormtail" he squeaked out a sorry and finally we were by the lake "come on the Lyra, show us what you've got" I nodded and stepped to a side "turn around so I can change you perverts" all the boys turned and I changed down to my underwear.

Muttering the incantation I felt my bones shift and then the boys turned around, Sirius looked at me with wide eyes and something else I couldn't put my finger on.

"She's gorgeous" breathed James "a white wolf" I bowed my head "I've got it, your nickname is Luna" I lifted my head and walked over to them before I sat by their feet.

Then I collected my clothes in my mouth and walked behind a cluster of bushes before changing back and clothing my self again.

"Why didn't you ever tell us that your form is a white wolf" asked Remus I shrugged "never really come up did it?" They nodded "Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Luna and Prongs are proud to present the marauders map" announced James "it's got a ring to it" I smiled and walked back over to them.

Sirius still seemed awestruck.

Sirius' P.O.V

She was a white wolf like dog, similar to my own except mine is black, how bizarre, we al began to walk back up to the castle when we slipped under James' cloak again and scurried back to the common room.

Once inside we said our good nights and trailed off to bed.

James' P

James' P.O.V

"She's perfect" Sirius darted from his bed and began pacing "aw is the infamous player Sirius Black becoming soft for Lyra Gladstone?" He stopped and his face contorted "I think so" Remus laughed "well I never!" Sirius fell back on his bed a sighed.

I chuckled and laid under the covers soon enough we'd all fallen asleep.