Chapter Two.

I can see the doubt in your eyes
You say there's no such thing as better things in life
Well, I must confess this is all too new for me
A whole new world, a whole new world to see

I can see the doubt in your eyesYou say there's no such thing as better things in lifeWell, I must confess this is all too new for meA whole new world, a whole new world to see

Lyra's P.O.V

Waking up I yelped as the stiffness in my body burned, I had fallen asleep at the window seat sat up, but in my lap sat a letter.

Getting up I grabbed my robes and changed quickly before the girls woke up, slipping my boots on, I ripped open the letter and began reading as I walked down the stairs, when I crashed into someone "I'm so sorry!" I cried out and my letter flew out of my hands.

"D-don't worry about it" looking up I was met by kind brown eyes "I'm Lyra by the way" he handed me the letter "I'm R-Remus" I smiled and helped him collect the books of knocked from him when I was shoved aside and back to the floor.

"Remus you coming?" I frowned "thanks for that you arrogant toerag" getting up I brushed myself off and looked around for my letter again "aw is little Lyra missing mummy and daddy already" my eyes glistened as i snatched the letter from him.

"Piss Off" leaving the common room I ran down to the great hall, I sat down and rubbed my eyes free of tears as I continued to read the letter, if i was truthful I do miss them, a lot already.

Once I'd finished I tucked the letter into my pocket carefully and began eating "Lyra!" Looking up Lily and Lainey ran over "are you okay?" I shook my head "first proper day and I'm already getting bullied" Lily looked furious "by whom?" I looked towards the door as the suspect came wandering in "Sirius Black" lily frowned "I won't let this go on"

I shook my head "leave it, it'll only worsen if we give them satisfaction" Lily frowned but sat down and began eating with us.

"Potions first for me" the girls nodded and we finished off before getting up to go to potions.

Once seated in potions, I pulled out a piece of parchment and my quill, twirling the feather in my fingers Professor Slughorn walked in "good morning" we smiled "today I would like you all to just read through your potion books and note down which potions you would be interested in studying this year and then hand them in, the potions with the most numbers we will focus on"

With that said I began to read through the book, there were so many interesting potions that it was hard decision, but I finally got to narrow it down to five. Soon enough the lesson came to a end and we handed our parchments in.

As me, Lily and Lainey were leaving Sirius shoved me with such force that I fell to the cold dungeon floor, looking at them Remus gave me a sad look and Lily frowned helping me up "you think your so tough Black, but in the end you'll come out worse"

He smirked "is that a threat Gladstone?" I crossed my arms and approached him before whispering "No, that's a promise" I turned fast whipping his face with my hair and we left, to go to the great hall for lunch.

Sirius stood stunned at what I said.

"I'm glad you stuck up for yourself Lyra" I smiled and ate the small amount of food on my plate.

"You know what they say Lyra, when boys bully girls they secretly fancy them" I pulled a disgusted face and cringed "I'd rather make out with the giant squid" the girls laughed and we finished lunch and carried on with the rest of our day, by the time we had finished lessons for the day I was far too tired too even go for dinner.

So straight away I retired to my dorm and began to write to my parents again.

'Dear Mum & Dad,
The boy is still tormenting me, I do hope it gets better because it's very annoying, it's my first proper day and I'm ready to come home already, I just want to be home. Where I can read quietly, write my thoughts in peace. I miss you even more today then I did yesterday.
Love
Lyra🌹'

I tied the letter to Hades and he left again, sighing I climbed into bed and began writing in my journal, I do hope things get better.