Rewrite the Stars Part 2

Okay guys, here is part 2 to rewrite the stars! I hope you guys enjoy it! There is going to be a nice ending in this, TRUST ME! Sorry I let you down last time, but I'm making it up to you!! Here's a recap from last time;

...Minutes go by of silence between the brothers. The older one broke the void and asked, "Vanessa said you two had a fight, and you ran off," he felt his brother stiffen, "She was crying. What's going on Devan?" The young boy sighed, rubbing his face, "..I-I told her...I had feelings for her. I said..I wanted her to be mine-," he stopped, wincing, forcing his tears away, "but she told me Harrison asked her to move in with him, and she might say yes."

The older brother was shocked. Devan had feelings for Vanessa?? And he didn't even know?? "You like Nessa? Why..didn't you tell me?" The other one avoided eye contact, "I didn't want to cause conflict because she has a boyfriend," he groaned holding his legs together, "but it doesn't matter anymore. Vanessa made it clear her feelings towards me, an annoying twerp like brother."

Collins wasn't sure what to say. What would you do in a situation like this? The young man only sighed saying, "I'm sorry Devan. But everything will get better..soon." Devan felt the tears coming back against him, shredding up any of the manhood he had. He knew why she dissed him, because he was weak and childish. There was no hope for them. No matter how badly he wanted it, he couldn't rewrite the stars...

Okay so here's where we left off!! BTW the setting of the story has changed!! It is at the Key House and the Merrell House! Hope you enjoy!! 🤗💕
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been days since Devan and Vanessa had a fight, and they hadn't spoke to each other. Devan just sat on his bed in his room, staring at his reflection through the mirror. He didn't bother to fix his hair as some strands poked crookedly on his head. The young boy didn't feel as confident with himself as he did that one morning, maybe not for a long time to come. His heart was wounded and he didn't know how he could heal it again.

"Dev...Devan," Collins spoke softly from outside the door, "Can you please come out of there?" Silence. Silence was the one thing the brother was getting lately from him. He sighed, leaning on the wall next to him. Devan had not been himself for as long as five days. Collins understood the younger one had feelings for Nessa but not to this point. He still couldn't believe he was just finding out so late in the game. Collins called once more, "If you need to talk, I'm always here." More silence. He gave up and headed downstairs, thinking about trying again in a little bit.

[At the Merrell Twin Household]

Vanessa sat on the couch with her sister watching one of their favorite movies, Lord of the Rings. But Nessa wasn't paying attention. She was staring at her phone of past text messages between her and Devan from a few weeks ago;

 She was staring at her phone of past text messages between her and Devan from a few weeks ago;