Doubtful

Hey ya'll! So this story was suggested by my good friend CollinsandDevan2 ! Be sure to follow her and give her lots of love! This is a minor Pain and Comfort story, mellower than the other too but not less powerful. So I hope you enjoy it!

Collins: 21 years old
Devan: 19 years old

Setting: The Key Household
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A paintbrush elegantly skimmed across a white surface, rubbing off a light blue coating. Strokes were filled alongside it, giving the painting more volume. Devan worked effortlessly on the painting in his bedroom, enjoying the piece and quiet..

Until his brother Collins bursts into the room, "Hey bro!" Without taking his eyes off his work, he answers, "Hey bro." The older one walked behind the canvas to look at what Devan was painting, "You aren't done with it YET?" The younger one just answers with a slight smirk, "Art takes time, Collins." The other sighs, "I know but it looks amazing already!"

Devan didn't answer continuing to stroke his paintbrush, "

Devan didn't answer continuing to stroke his paintbrush, "..It isn't finished yet." Collins tilted his head at it, "What is it anyway?"
"Abstract." The older one smiled, "It kinda looks like a flower, don't ya think?" The short one stopped and stared at it. The boy nods setting his tool down, "Yeah, it sort of does," he gets up from the stool he was sitting on and walks over to the door, "I'm gonna take a break."

Collins looked at the painting then towards his brother who walked out of the room. What was up with that? He didn't seem that enthused with his artwork. It was so good and Devan was really talented! Did he not believe he was?

{Time Skip}

Devan and Collins sat on the couch in silence as they skimmed their notifications from their YouTube video. Devan hummed tiredly resting his arm on the armrest, "Another pancake art request." The older one looked up at him, "Another love letter to Devan." He smirked when he said this, causing the younger one to turn a faint pink. The boy turned his attention back to his phone, "And another annoying brother award.." They both laughed, their weariness diminishing. Collins smiled scanning his phone, "We should totally do another Pancake Art video. People really enjoy it!" Devan nodded, "Yeah, we should do that."

The older brother glanced at another message, "Ooh, someone said you have amazing talent and want to see you paint. That'd be pretty cool if you did that for a video sometime." He grinned turning to Devan who looked suddenly nervous. Collins began to frown. He was thinking about something.. but what? The older one asked questionably, "What? Something wrong?" The other shook out if his daze towards the blonde boy, "Oh..uh, no. I just think we should stick with the pancake art idea, that's all."

That wasn't all, Collins thought to himself. He asked again, "Are you sure?" Devan nodded starting to get up, "Do you want pizza? Because I'm getting hungry right now." Without a response, the younger brother headed towards the kitchen. Collins was surprised by the sudden exit. Did Devan just change the subject? Hastily, the lankier one followed the young one to the other side of the house, "Devan, why did you just change the subject?" As he turned the corner, he saw Devan peeking into the fridge, pulling out a soda, "Can we just not talk about this, Collins?"