💋 Chapter Thirty Six

Three years later

"Is Mr. Carter available right now?" She asked through the phone. The secretary looked at me and I shook my head.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Carter but Mr. Carter is in a meeting right now." The secretary said. I did not have to say what she have to say because this was not the first this happened.

"Oh okay. Tell him that his wife called. Thank you." She politely said and I sighed.

"Will do, Mrs. Carter." She said and ended the phone call. She looked at me and glared at me. "Why do you keep doing this?"

I shook my head. "It's not your damn business. If she called again tell her the same thing." I said.

"But what if--" I cut her off.

"You heard me right? Now do what I told you before you get fired." then walked out to enter my office. After a couple of minutes, someone entered the room.

"Here to give me another lecture?" I said without looking at the person, expecting that Ty would come again and lecture me the same thing over and over again.

"Only if I have to but no, because you need to learn on your own." I heard a familiar voice so I looked up and shocked to see Solange right in front of me.

"Solange? What you doing here?" I stood up.

"I really want to beat your ass for real. You know why I'm here. My sister kept calling you because she's worried sick about you." She spat and I sighed.

"She doesn't have to worry about me."

"Nigga, are you out of your mind? You're her husband! And she's your fucking wife! You should have care for each other but she's the only one who's doing that while you cheat on her!"

"Look Solange, I don't need you saying that shit to me. Our problem is our problem and you need to step back because it's our marriage, not yours." I told her and opening the door.

"I fucking hate you. My sister don't deserve you." She said before walking out of the room.

I closed the door and sat on the couch, rubbing my head. I don't know what to do.

* * *

It was the best feeling she ever felt in her whole life;

Shawn waited in the altar as he looked at her with the wedding dress her and her mother Tina tried on. Jay's eyes were forming tears, he couldn't believe he's about to marry the love of his life. He couldn't believe that they made it this far despite the events that happened between their relationship.

"Do you, Shawn Carter, take this woman whose hand you now hold, to be your true and wedded wife; and do you solemnly promise before God and these witnesses to LOVE, CHERISH, HONOR AND PROTECT HER: to forsake all others for her sake; to cleave unto her, and her only, until death shall part you?" He heard the pastor say.

He didn't have to think twice because he already knows the answer to his question.

"I do." He said as he looked down into her eyes as it sparkles. He smiled and she gave the smile back to his future husband.