Oh Calamity (Alex Gaskarth FanFiction)

“Seriously Cameron, if you don’t get up in the next 30 seconds I am coming in there with a fucking super soaker!” I heard my big brother Jack scream up the stairs, I chuckled quietly, pulling my pillow over my head.

‘’ugh 10 more minutes!’’ I mumbled, I sat for a minute, enjoying the warmth of my bed. That is until something cold and wet hit me in the ribs, I squealed loudly, sitting bolt upright to see Jack standing with a water gun pointed right at my face with a look that just said ‘and you thought I wouldn’t’

‘’I hate you’’ I groaned, flopping back against my pillows.

“You love me really” he said, leaning down and kissing my forehead “now get up, you have to come have breakfast with me before I go on tour”

“I’m just coming” I smiled weakly, he flashed me one of his grins before leaving. I sighed standing up, I really wish he didn’t have to leave. I missed him so much while he was gone it actually hurt. As soon as he left there was always this dull pain in my chest that stuck until he came back. I think it’s since our parents left us I rely on him way too much. He’s my rock, the only one, now a days, who makes me smile real smiles. I pulled on my clothes half-heartedly, pulling my hair up into a pony tail. Not even bothering with makeup, it was Jack, he’d seen me at my worst. I plodded down stairs, I could feel my chest starting to hurt already. I walked into the kitchen just in time to see Jack flip a pancake and have it hit the side of the pan and half of it fall on the floor.

‘’Smooth’’ I giggled, picking it up off the floor and throwing it into the trash. He just chuckled, putting the remaining half on my plate.

‘’Pancakes a la Jack’’ he smiled, pushing the plate in front of me as I plopped myself down at the breakfast bar in our kitchen.

‘’I’ll miss you’’ I mumbled, shoving a full pancake in my mouth.

‘’Bet I’ll miss you more’’ he said, I just chewed my pancake, he laughed ‘’you’re the only girl I know to fit a whole pancake in her mouth’’

‘’I’m not an average girl’’ I said through a mouthful of pancake, crumbs flying on to the counter, but smiled sadly.

‘’I know you’re not’’ It was silent for a moment, I pushed my pancakes around my plate, trying not to cry ‘’Cam’’ Jack said softly, I looked up at him, he pushed a ketchup coloured out my eye.  ‘’I know things have been more difficult for you since Jamie but promise me you won’t do anything stupid while I’m away, I really wish I could stay but I can’t’’ he said, gripping my shoulders

‘’I’m fine Jack, promise’’ I said, smiling fakely, he cracked a half smile.

‘’Pinkie promise?’’ he said, outstretching his pinkie to me, I chuckled.

‘’Promise’’ I smiled, linking my pinkie to his. There was a car horn from outside, I felt my heart hit the floor.

‘’That’ll be the guys, I have to go’’ he said, the tears came then. ‘’Please don’t, if you cry then I’ll cry’’ Jack said, trying to joke. I laughed through the tears, he pulled me into his chest. His scent filled my nose, it was so familiar and it almost made me want to cry more it was so comforting. We stood for a minute, he ran his fingers through my long hair, another car horn filled the silence.

‘’I better go before Matt loses his shit’’ Jack said, smiling at me.

‘’Go before I lose mine too’’ I chuckled, wiping the tears off my cheeks. He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

‘’I’ll be back before you even know I’m gone’’ he smiled, then just like that he’d walked out my life for two months.

This isthe prologue to a story I've been writing for a while. I started writting it when I was in a bad place and it helped.. idk writing's a distraction for me. I hope you like and enjoy it!