Prolog

Keith sat staring silently at the palm of his hand. A small scare rested on the upper pad of his hand. It was from his first bud. He sighed and stood up, noticing his older brother, Shiro, watching him. The younger boy looked at the scar across the older one's nose. His first bud as well. He and his brother had the same problem. They would grow attached to someone and then grow to love them. This caused them to grow a bud. A small flower bud. As the feelings grew it would bloom, and the buds would spread. Once the one you have grown buds for loves you back the same way you love them, your buds fall away and you become normal. Keith grew Anemone blossoms.  Shiro grew black Irises. They earned their first buds from their parents. Shiro is seven years older then Keith. Shiro always loved his father, but unfortunately his father didn't like him nor Keith. In fact, his father hated kids in general. Keith earned his from his mother. He loved his mom. She was the most perfect being in the multiverse to him. Unfortunately, his mother favored her eldest son. She never treated Keith badly, but she treated Shiro better. After a car accident that killed their father, Shiro lost his buds. Shiro soon after left for collage.  After Shiro left, it was only for months before the two brothers mother took her own life. Keith walked into the room after he saw his bud fall off. He was the first to see his mother hanging from a rope. He screamed loud enough the neighbors heard. They quickly ran over and knocked on the door. After not getting a response they quickly ran in to find the small 12 year old holding his mother limp in his arms. They quickly pulled him away, despite his fighting and screams of protest, and called 911. Then Shiro. Shiro was the only one able to calm Keith. That's how it had always been, other than his mother. Shiro carefully stroked his younger brother's hair as he sobbed. Keith remembered it all as if it was yesterday. When, in fact, it had been almost five years as it neared Keith's Birthday. His mother had died the day of  his birthday. Keith never celebrated it because of this. Shiro made a point to say happy birthday to his little brother before and after the day, but never on. Keith and Shiro had what was a very rare disease that ran on their mothers side in most females. Their mother had a rare occurrence and gave birth to two boys with the disease. It was called the Hanaka Disease.    

~ Hiiii! This is my little play on the Hanaka Disease. Let me know what you think!

Lance: Uh, Hello? Forgetting someone?!

Oh yeah, Lance is gonna be helping me out. So don't forget! You can Talk to him any time!

Lance: *winks* see ya around!